What's new

provence sante green tea

Thought about buying this soap before, but never did, but now I want to try it. Has anyone used this soap? good experience? bad experience? how does it compare with other french shaving soaps? is this soap tripled milled?

Works well for me. I have a puck that I turned into a stick, and another in reserve.

It seems to be triple milled. My only other French soap is IK, which I think performs a little better than PGST. But they are close.

A great soap but one you don't hear talked about too much. It is one my favorite soaps and leaves my face feeling great post shave.

A great soap but one you don't hear talked about too much. It is one my favorite soaps and leaves my face feeling great post shave.

+1

I recently picked up a puck to compare it to Pre de Provence, a soap that I really like. Upon first lather I was pleased to find that it performs just as well, if not better.

Ah, a truly unsung gem of a shaving soap. I kicked off 2015 using PS Green Tea from start to finish. The lathers are outstanding, easy to build with great slickness and cushioning. Post shave feel is as good as any, thanks to the Shea butter in the soap. It is one of the best soaps I have used.

Works well for me. I have a puck that I turned into a stick, and another in reserve.

It seems to be triple milled. My only other French soap is IK, which I think performs a little better than PGST. But they are close.

I agree with Mike, though IK is a meh scent and PSGT is one of my favorite scents. I also have mine in a stick and have a couple of extra pucks. It's always on my wish list for trades.

Last edited:
PSGT is an excellent soap and compares well against just about anything she it comes to performance. I don't know if it's triple milled, but it is a hard soap puck so most likely it is.

The scent is truly special, in my book. It is my favorite French soap, currently ( I've not tried IK so it may have competition). Most French soaps are excellent but theirs scents don't appeal to me. I'm not sure I've ever used a bad French soap ( although I'm sure they are out there :)

Pre de Provence and Provence Sante are soaps I use in the winter. Good soaps, mildy scented, contain shea butter and triple milled and good value. Currently on sale at drugstore.com. Provence Sante $6.99/3.5 ounce and Pre de Provence $12/5.25 ounce. Free shipping is available depending on your order total $35?. I think the French triple milled soaps are very much the same in terms of performance.
It comes down to personal preference and scent preference.

Pre de Provence #63 is a quad milled soap with a peppery, woodsy, leather, tobacco scent. I have read some good reviews. I may give that a try next.

Last edited:
Has anyone used this soap with success as a shaving stick?

How's the lather on this soap compared to well known tallow based soaps? Veggie shaving soaps offer as good as lather as tallow based shaving soaps?

Has anyone used this soap with success as a shaving stick?

How's the lather on this soap compared to well known tallow based soaps? Veggie shaving soaps offer as good as lather as tallow based shaving soaps?

Can't help you on the stick question, except that any hard soap should be able to be grated and formed into a stick so I can't imagine why not.

Forget tallow vs vegan when it comes to lather. The only place I see tallow usually winning out is post shave feel. Even that is not a given. Judge each soap on its own.

PSGT will perform as well as about anything. It's a great soap in all areas. Well worth the price

PSGT is a pretty good soap, just don't expect it to smell like green tea. Drugstore.com has a pretty good price on it and sometimes they mark it down 20%. If you subscribe to automatic shipments or have ShopRunner, shopping is free, too.

I've had good experience with Provence Sante Green Tea. Seems to me I got mine through a B&B group buy a few years ago.

Top Bottom