What's new

Holiday Bottles you Give or Receive

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I love this time of year. Clients sometimes drop a bottle of spirits by as a thank you, and I love giving the gift of liquid cheer. Wondering what you all get or give this time of year?

This guy walked in the door today.

$ImageUploadedByTapatalk1449559116.222447.jpg

Wow. That's a nice gift. I give a few bottles of Beaujolais Nouveau to select clients. Somewhat seasonal and not too expensive.

Most of the time it is some form of Jack Daniels. Living where I do most people really like a bit of the Tennessee juice!!!

I have heard that these products are wonderful. If you have had this could you give us a review?

It's been awhile since I've had this. They are so impossible to find. I'm not sure when I'm going to crack this bottle, but when I do I'll write up a review for u guys (might not b for awhile though)

It's clearly obvious from this thread that I have not cultivated the proper quality of clients or vendors....

This year I have gotten a bottle of Ardbeg 10, 2 bottles of JW Green Label and a bottle of Talisker 10. It has been a good year. :w00t:

I tend to give bubbly, plenty of bottles at various price ranges so you can thank people a little more than others if you want. Most local wine stores will have someone that can help out with suggestions and you can find a nice vintage champagne for as little as $30 nowadays with the rise in popularity of grower champagne.
It works really well timing-wise since champagne great for holiday meals and of course New Year's celebrations, and I think its a little more universal than something like scotch which is realistically an acquired taste for a lot of people.

I really would like to try one of those Japanese "scotch" whiskies.
Heard great things about them.

I was blown away at the quality of them. There are some excellent options. I am in the middle of a bottle of Nikka Coffee Grain. Delicious bottle especially at the price point approx $65 here.

I was blown away at the quality of them. There are some excellent options. I am in the middle of a bottle of Nikka Coffee Grain. Delicious bottle especially at the price point approx $65 here.
Ive had a couple bottles of the nikka coffey grain before also. And i have to agree it is indeed an excellent option.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose

I'm going track that down and give it a try. Thanks for the recommendation.

Top Bottom