What's new

Anyone have one of Popov's bifold wallets?

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
[MENTION=36370]brucered[/MENTION] I was considering the 6 pocket as some of our notes are just a bit wider than yours. The photos you posted are very helpful.
I actually bought the 5 pocket two days ago.

I see some of the prices have gone up but the 5 pocket is still the same price................so far.

Last edited:

cleanshaved

I’m stumped
Looks good to me assuming a US and Canadian bill are the same size.
I was about ready to pull the trigger on a black cherry 4 card when I noticed his wallets have went up $15 - $20 in the last few days.
Ouch!!!
I was kind of waiting until he got caught up in the middle of the month to order.
Guess that is what I get.

@nsl OUCH is right. I just saw the price of the Field Notes too.

Looks like they went up $15-20 overnight too. I guess I should have put an order in before Christmas. But I didn't get one and was going to put it on my Birthday list.

:thumbdown I was hoping to get a wallet from them after the holidays as well. At least I still have a 20% off coupon.

Just checked his site tonight and it looks like the prices have come back down again.

@nsl OUCH is right. I just saw the price of the Field Notes too.

Looks like they went up $15-20 overnight too. I guess I should have put an order in before Christmas. But I didn't get one and was going to put it on my Birthday list.
Looks like prices are back down and they now have different color options.
What is the thickness of your 6 card if you don't mind?
I'm thinking about pulling the trigger and ordering one since he offers a black cherry 6 card now.

I have their 5 card wallet, minimalist wallet, 2 Field Notes covers and a keychain loop. Love Popov. Great handmade quality. Super guy to deal with too! High praise all around.

Field Notes Cover with pockets - Tan on Tan with Initials....ORDERED. :w00t:

Time to class up my BBQ/Smoker notes.

@nsl - The 6 card is between 17-20mm thick, depending on where you measure. ie) 17mm where the two folds come together when closed and 20mm at the fold seem center of the wallet.

I ordered a 6 card wild cherry bifold.
It will be a month or so before I get is, so we will see what happens.

i'm a little late to the game, but hope i can give you a little confidence. I was amazed at the construction of my 4 cards bifold wallet, and and awed at the softness/buttery feel of the chromexel leather I got. I've never had my cards break, and i've probably kept more than i should in there. The only thing nicer than the wallet is his customer service which is what really sold me on his wallet as opposed to a different one. He patiently answered questions, and was a great guy to talk to. He exemplifies what i expect a B&B merchant to be like, and i'm sure you'll love your wallet!

P.S. Pics or it didn't happen! Well, when you get it at least ;)

Well, I got my Wild Cherry six card in a few days ago.
Overall, I'm very happy as it is not nearly as big as I thought it would be, nor as thick.
I was expecting something that would take a year of using off and on to break in, but a few days in my pocket and it is not much different feeling than my old wallet.
My only little complaint about it is that the stitches at the bottom corners are very close to the edge, leaving very little leather.
I'm sure it is fine, cause I am picky.
Anyway, here are pics;
Last two are the corners.

Attachments

• $013.JPG
    $013.JPG
    93.1 KB · Views: 37
  • $014.JPG
    $014.JPG
    80.6 KB · Views: 38
  • $012.JPG
    $012.JPG