What's new

Who is Lynn Abrams?

Hi. Has anyone ever bought Lynn Abrams DVD on shaving? Who is that guy and why is he on the internet as the master of shaving? I'm thinking about getting his instructional dvd so I don't destroy my face when I brave the straight razor. Soon. Very soon.

Lynn is the founder of the Straight Razor Forum. He and a partner also run an online shop called Straight Razor Designs. Lynn's DVD is very good. He is accomplished at refurbishing razors and is a well known honemeister. His str8 razor collection is huge.

While I've never met Mr. Abrams myself I feel safe in saying that he has been one of the most (if not the most) instrumental guys at bringing straight razor shaving back to life. Those on these forums who do know him all speak very highly of him.

I would recommend the DVD, it has great information for the beginner and is fun to watch.

-80s

I have the DVD and it is well worth the $20 cost. It has info on stropping, honing, shaving, collecting and restoration. It is an excellent resource for any straight razor owner.

What I want to know is if anyone has a used Lynn-Abrams DVD they want to sell????

Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up... :biggrin:

Aside from my smart-*** answer, let me say that the DVD has a ton of useful information on it and for those starting out in the straight razor world, it is definitely one of those things the newbee should consider buying... New... from Lynn. I fully understand the efforts that went into making it and he should be the one who sees a small return come his way since he did all the work. Yes, I'm projecting.

I wouldn't give my copy of Lynn's DVD away, nor would I sell it, even though I no longer need to reference anything after learning from it. It wouldn't wash with me if some boys say they are done with the info, it's their property, and it's their right to sell it if they want to. My intuitive guess is that those are the same folks who keep a copy of the DVD, or parts of it, on a disc or in their computer to be used later so they can grin at themselves in the mirror.

That was good therapy... thank you for understanding. :rolleyes:

What I want to know is if anyone has a used Lynn-Abrams DVD they want to sell????

Sorry, I couldn't pass that one up... :biggrin:

Aside from my smart-*** answer, let me say that the DVD has a ton of useful information on it and for those starting out in the straight razor world, it is definitely one of those things the newbee should consider buying... New... from Lynn. I fully understand the efforts that went into making it and he should be the one who sees a small return come his way since he did all the work. Yes, I'm projecting.

I wouldn't give my copy of Lynn's DVD away, nor would I sell it, even though I no longer need to reference anything after learning from it. It wouldn't wash with me if some boys say they are done with the info, it's their property, and it's their right to sell it if they want to. My intuitive guess is that those are the same folks who keep a copy of the DVD, or parts of it, on a disc or in their computer to be used later so they can grin at themselves in the mirror.

That was good therapy... thank you for understanding. :rolleyes:

Good one. I almost spit my drink out when I read it, although users on this forum who have not seen a similar post about reselling your DVD probably won't get it. Having bought one of Lynn's DVDs, I totally agree. Even though most of it is going on youtube, it is not substitute to having the full DVD avaialble for reference (not that you need it). Still looking to see when the next of yout customer blades hits the B/S/T section on SRP.

I just purchased and watched mine about two weeks ago. I thought that it was a great DVD. Lynn makes everything look so easy, and I a bit fearful that my results won't be the same. Still, I am going get a couple of straights shave ready and give it a try.

Only negative - I couldnt get the DVD to play in my DVD player. I had to watch it on my computer. Anyone else have this problem?

Top Bottom