What's new

Trac II advice? Which brand refills to use?

These might be a solution for anyone who wants to save money, but doesn't have enough patience for old-school DE's.

The Gillette Trac II's are $20 just for 10, which is still cheaper than their mainstream products. Family Dollar or any other dollar store has either Dorco or Personna's for less.

It makes me wonder why people don't switch to the 2-blade systems.
Maybe they want their razors to take off more hair in a single pass??

Which branded ones are Family Dollar or Dollar General?

I feel like they might be Dorco clones of Trac II. But they're so much cheaper than Gillette Trac II that is $20 for 10 cartridges

I think the price might even out. I'm not sure how many shaves you can get out of a generic Trac II

I was not a fan of the Dollar General "Twin" cartridge. It fit very loosely on the handle (I had to bend the tracks).

My local drug chain Discount Drug Mart sell as fine version of the Trac II/Atra compatible cartridge.

They also had some Meijer brand twin carts, I'm using them currently and they're really good.

I never liked the Gillette brand of either Trac II or Atra, for some reason the first several shaves was always very harsh,
and their "lube strips" became a sticky gooey mess.

The drug store brands are usually only gooey the 1st or 2nd time..

I've been using Trac II system (Bump Fighter handle with Personna Store-brand carts) for years now. I generally get 7 to 8 shaves per cartridge. Before that I used Atra for most of my life (bought in the late 80s), but I lost the handle at some point and the newer ones didn't look as nice to me, so I went with the Trac II instead.

I bought some Dorco Trac-II knockoffs at $2 per 10 cartridges from the dollar store.

If I can get 3 comfortable shaves out of a Cart, I think that's still effective. It would come out to 7 cents per shave, which isn't too bad at all. We'll see how it goes.

What's the difference between the Dorco's and the Personnas?
They're the only twin-blades I can find since Walmart no longer carries the Wilkinson Sword ones.

RT-Mart in China , you can buy the following three models.
$IMG_20160330_111550 (1).jpg

I would go with the Schick's...
The schick's is cheapest , only American-made blade , plastic made ​​in China , assembled in China , 1.6rmb (0.25 $) / tablet , the personna is made ​​in the USA , 1.8rmb ($ 0.28) /tablet , the dorco is Made in Korea , 1.86rmb (0.29 $ ) / tablet

The schick's is cheapest , only American-made blade , plastic made ​​in China , assembled in China , 1.6rmb (0.25 $) / tablet , the personna is made ​​in the USA , 1.8rmb ($ 0.28) /tablet , the dorco is Made in Korea , 1.86rmb (0.29 $ ) / tablet
Try it and see. Looking forward to your feedback :001_smile ...

I second Sabre's recommendation. Outside of remaining old-stock Super II cartridges, I have not seen a current production version like the one you've posted above. If i'm not wrong, the only other two-bladed cartridge still being put out by Schick in most part of the world are the Ultra Plus. Korean made and real sharp and smooth. Only downside is that the lube strip creates a really gooey film on top of one's shaving soap

I second Sabre's recommendation. Outside of remaining old-stock Super II cartridges, I have not seen a current production version like the one you've posted above. If i'm not wrong, the only other two-bladed cartridge still being put out by Schick in most part of the world are the Ultra Plus. Korean made and real sharp and smooth. Only downside is that the lube strip creates a really gooey film on top of one's shaving soap

The current Super II Plus/Contact Plus/Ultra Plus/Twin II Plus are all identical. I can't see the eject button above, so it maybe slightly different but the shave is the same...

I've tried Persona's Trac II knock offs and they are HORRIBLE. I got them for free with another purchase from fleabay. They gave me a huge razor bump, which haven't had in years. Only blade I've ever thrown away. I refuse to buy any more knock offs. I can get the Gillette brands fairly cheap from a local grocery.

Top Bottom