What's new

What a difference a good brush makes!

This morning I remembered a cake of Boots shaving soap, bought when I was in the UK in January. I had previously tried it on three shaves, and gave up. My brush at the time, a Vulfix 2235 could not raise a good lather with this soap so the cake was placed at the back of a cupboard and forgotton about. About six weeks ago I recieved a Shavemac 177 and since then have been using it with great success with Tabac.

As mentioned I found the Boots soap and lathered up. It made a GREAT lather. All I can say is that there are shaving brushes, and there are GOOD shaving brushes.

I'm not saying that Boots soap is as good as Tabac, but I got a good thick, slick lather out of it this mornig. The last times I tried Boots the lather was thin and not too slick.

Thumbs up for Shavemac!

Gunnar, I just placed an order for a 177. It should be here by Monday, since Bernd is located just about three hours away.

I've been using a DE for about three months with a Merkur/Dovo silvertip brush. However, I wanted to give Tabac and Spieck soaps a try, and the brush I own is a little too floppy; I use creams with it. I'm looking forward to reciving the new Shavemac.

Cheers, Randy

I know that the 177 isn't cheap, but for me it wasn't much more expensive than my previous brush, so I wish I'd bought it to begin with.

Good luck!

Top Bottom