What's new

What is marriage, really

Marriage is like Burger King and MacDonalds. I'm "Having it my way" , and she's "Lovin It".

And if you believe that, I have a dozen extra Wolfman heads, open or closed comb, your choice. Just send me a couple hundred Paypal and I will mail one your way.

What is marriage ?

Hmmmmm. I am just a newbie at marriage. We have been married only 37 years.
When I get close to the 70 years my grandparents achieved, maybe I will be wise enough to offer advice.
Right now, I am still learning

Gerog:
At times people ask the Mrs. and I how we managed to stay together for so long (we always try to show our love [flowers, cards, presents and surprises], like making dates...ect), to keep the 'flame burning' (the Mrs. and my 31th Anniversary was this year). :thumbsup:

We always answer them with that we are committed to marriage & each other' (until 'the wheels fall off'), and used to and accept each others quirks and idiosyncrasies (what makes you..'you'), for example...I like eating ice cream in bed and she won't drink anything with ice (cubed or crushed...funny uh?).
My marriage tips for our younger members...
proxy.php
;

1. Establish some mutual ground rules and be totally committed to each other (this is very important if marriage and kids are in the cards at a later date).

2. Redecorate together...because everyone has their likes & dislikes and decor style.

3. Divide the housework, yardwork and cooking (50/50), and try to do it together.

4. Tackle your finances together.
5. Get out of the house (don't succumb to 'cabin fever'), and explore your environment together.
proxy.php

6. Maintain your privacy (zones of 'space'...like his & hers bathroom), with both of your own 'me-time'.

7. Never argue in bed (or in public), or go to bed upset/mad with each other.
8. Spend some time apart with your own set of friends (such as having some 'brewskis' with the boys).
proxy.php

proxy.php
"Marriage is surely the most beautiful act that two people in love can commit too". CBJ
+1

A perfect marriage is just two imperfect people who refuse to give up on each other.

This is may be the best summary to marriage I've ever seen or heard, and it may be the perfect summary!

I like the Counts tips and would like to add two...

1. Always always always kiss hello, and goodbye.

2. Always say "I love you" when you get off of the phone.

Top Bottom