What's new

Your favorite hair product scents?

IMightBeWrong

Loves a smelly brush
Hello, gents! The Holiday season is upon us, I hope you all have a great December.

I was just thinking about some of the products I have and realizing that there are some scents that I really love and others I would rather were simply unscented if anything. I was just curious what everybody's favorite products scents are, and maybe some scents that you think were a miss.

For me, I really LOVE the scent of Brylcreem. It's not my favorite product to use every day, but something about the scent is really nice to me. I also enjoy simpler scents like my Lockhart's Heavy which has a Coco-Vanilla scent. Nothing strong or overpowering, just a simple and clean scent that I can enjoy from the tin that won't overpower anything. Lastly, my Rustin x The Pomp collaboration - Black - has a light licorice scent that I am really in love with. Some don't care much for licorice but I really love it, plus it's not too strong either.

As far as scents I don't really care for... The O'Doud's and Shear Revival collab "3" smells pretty much awful to me. It's like a cheap candle. Goon Grease in the Cucumber/Cutrus Cologne scent also smells kind of odd to me for a hair product. It's not terrible like "3" but it's definitely not great. My next tin will be in the Cinnamon Sandalwood in hopes of a nicer fragrance. Lastly, just about any product that smells like candy to me is going to be put on the back-burner. Reuzel Red, for example, is a great performing orthodox WB but the candy scent puts me off. The raspberry scent of Railcar pomade isn't my cup of tea, either.

The rest of my products have scents I'm pretty neutral on. Nothing amazing, but nothing terrible either. Grandad's Water Based, for example, smells like maple syrup. I enjoyed it quite a bit at first, but over time it's starting to seem like a novelty. I'm starting to find my preference shifting toward products that aren't overpowering in scent.

What do you all enjoy for scent?

I'll preface this by saying my pomade exposure thus far has been minimal, but I'm hoping to change that as time goes by.

Reuzel Green - I've heard it described as apple...I don't get apple, but maybe something more like a floral pear like scent? I like it.

New formula O'Douds Water Based. A somewhat camphor like, herbal woody thing going on there. Again, a winner for me.

Groom & Clean. I bought it solely for its decreasing properties, but I'm loving it as a stand-alone styling product when I don't want to fuss with anything more than a warm water rinse to remove at night. The scent I've read is Bay Rum...it's pungent stuff and I don't think I enjoy or even like it, although I do tolerate it. Points for the neon blue color.

Pompage by Pomps Not Dead is on my short list for scent alone! Coffee? Are you kidding me? Yes!

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Murray's Superior Vintage and Sweet Georgia Brown Blue. Both are TRUE Old School barbershop scents, or if you prefer "powdery" goodness straight from the 1920's and 1930's. :001_cool:

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I don't know if one can consider it a true hair product, but I love Osage Rub.

By the same token, I've been massaging a few drops of Texas Beard Co.'s menthol and eucalyptus beard oil into my hair after a shower. It's so little that the scent is very, very mild, but it's pleasant.

What brand coconut oil? Because although Coconut oil does have a smell, it doesn't really smell when you apply it to your hair.

Hi mate, just whatever liquid kind I could find in the local grocery and I transfer that to a pump. I only buy Virgin Coconut Oil though and avoid those with reduced fat or any other nonsense like that.

You're right it doesn't really smell when it's applied and I only use very little amount (one small pump after shower), I wear my hair quite short.

I don't like using hair products but at the same time I don't like it too dry and unkempt, coconut oil works very well for me in this regard.

I add it to my black coffee too before workouts! :)

I've been a big fan of Teddy Boy Original pomade. I can't put a finger on the scent but personally I like it. I've seen it described anywhere as bay rum all the way to wet paint, ymmv? I have an order of Uppercut Deluxe pomade coming in today. It's supposed to have a vanilla/coconut smell to it.

I like the scent of Brylcreem, but I LOVE the smell of T&H Styling Paste. It's nothing special, but it smells "clean." Nice choice by them. Not heavy, not cologne-like. Just light and clean. Those are my favorite types of scents for the hair. If I had to pick something heavy-ish, probably a coconut scent.

Top Bottom