What's new

Women's shoes

Allen Edmonds or Alden is to men, as _______ company is to women.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts. I am specifically looking for boots (non cowboy that is).

Ive tried to find out the same thing for my wife...pretty much what Ive figured out is that it really doesn't exist. What used to be good is now just overpriced crap.

My searches were directed more at the AE/Alden style shoe. Basically a recraftable welted shoe for women. My wife was interested in boots (not work boots) and oxfords. As far as I'm concerned, why pay tons of $$$ for high heels when she wears them a few times a year, and once they get worn out or broken, they are done. She's been trying to find a good pair of oxfords that look good on women since those are coming back into style. I'm tempted just to take her to the AE seconds outlet and have her try on shoes to see if she can find a style she likes.

Ive tried to find out the same thing for my wife...pretty much what Ive figured out is that it really doesn't exist. What used to be good is now just overpriced crap.

My searches were directed more at the AE/Alden style shoe. Basically a recraftable welted shoe for women. My wife was interested in boots (not work boots) and oxfords.
Check Carmina and Crocket& Johns-they have some women's oxfords. Not cheap, but meet all the requirements.

This is kinda the conclusion I was coming to.

Check Carmina and Crocket& Johns-they have some women's oxfords. Not cheap, but meet all the requirements.

Victoria's Secret.

Stuart Weitzman.

Frye as a second choice.

Christian Louboutin
Thanks for the suggestions guys! I'll get to work on it.

The Crockett and Jones are definitely up the alley I was looking. I've looked at their mens boots before, and didn't realize they did womens shoes. Carmina looks great too. All prices in the "normal" range for that type of shoe. Too bad there isn't something like this in the Allen Edmonds shoe bank price range...That really brings those shoes down to a really approachable price.

Ebay may be the route to go.

Last edited:

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Allen Edmonds or Alden is to men, as _______ company is to women.

Thanks in advance for the thoughts. I am specifically looking for boots (non cowboy that is).

Do they make them wide enough for a man's foot? :biggrin:

My wife loves her Danzko's, Wolverine 1000 miles and White's. Not sure about what kinds of heels she wears though.

Top Bottom