What's new

B&M Le Grand Chypre

I just received my bottle of AS today, unfortunately I missed the soap. The performance is on par with other B&M aftershaves, which is to say above average for me. However, the scent is the real gem here. The upon initial whiff, this stuff smells like something that should cost five times as much. I've never smelled an aftershave that has this kind of depth and layering. It behaves like a high dollar niche fragrance, evolving as it dries. Slumberhouse is a favorite fragrance house of mine, and the similarities between this aftershave and their fragrances are uncanny. Both are unmistakably natural and organic, while at the same time being incredibly ethereal. If you appreciate a well constructed fragrance, you owe it to yourself to try this aftershave while you can.

Mine arrived today as well. I am loving both the soap and the AS. I've liked the other two AS Toniques that I've tried, although I find Lavanille to be a little overwhelming put on full strength. I splashed a little on this afternoon and it felt as if it won't kill me throughout the day. Was smelling little whiffs of it the rest of the afternoon and smiling.

I got lucky and picked one up from Maggards a few days ago. The scent is interesting...cherry like. B&M makes great A/S. This one was a blind buy because I had no idea what it smelled like, the rose in it concerned me a little bit, but it turned out just fine.

Just tried the soap and AS after receiving it yesterday afternoon.

Amazing... The combination made for a fine shave.

Its to a very complex scent. I was concerned when some had mentioned floral, but I am loving it. May have to order another bottle of the AS. B&M is quickly becoming my favorite in all ways.

M

Member 113878

Got a bottle two days ago and used it for the first time today.
Impressive stuff!
The most complex AS I used so far methinks.
I get something that reminds me of Lagerfeld classic later on.
But LGC is much better controlled and softer, and of course not chemical like the Lagerfeld.

M

Member 113878

On the far drydown, it reminded me of Caron Third Man, with its jasmine note.
Fantastic stuff!

Probably one of the B&M masterpiece.

The soap is maybe too powdery for my taste, the aftershave smells much better and way more interesting in its evolution.

M

Member 113878

Didn't like Cologne Russe though.
The mix of vanilla with classic cologne didn't work for me.

Top Bottom