What's new

December 2015 Acquisition Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just scored at another of our Christmas gatherings.

Pilot Metropolitan fine nib
Platinum Preppy fine nib
Namiki blue sample
Noodlers Luxury blue sample
Noodlers baystate blue sample

proxy.php

Got this from the Bingle 2nd Christmas Gift Exchange..If you have not done it before, i highly recommend it..We had so much fun..Check out all of the gifts in the General Discussion forum..i will be a participant as long as i'm able. [emoji106]

Slash McCoy

I freehand dog rockets
Since I didnt have room for a christmas tree, santa put my present up on that notorious auction site. I been wanting one of these for a while, even though I almost never shave with anything besides a straight or shavette. Wilkie 7-day set. Last one of these I bid on, went for over $100 more than my bid, so I didn't think I would get this one, either, but I did. I imagine the strop is toast but the old one will make a pattern for cutting a new one. Or two. Cant wait to get it!

$wilkie01.png

$wilkie02.png

$wilkie06.png

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilkinson-S...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Hit the local antique malls yesterday, mostly looking for fountain pens. Didn't find any pens worth getting, but made some nice shaving scores.

$IMG_3060.jpg

- The brush is an Ever-Ready 500PB (pure badger). It's developing a nice butterscotch color and will get a new Finest or Silvertip Badger knot.
- Old Spice mug
- Gillette 1940s-style Super Speed
- Gillette Slim Adjustable
- Gillette Ball-handle Gold Tech
- Gillette Red Tip Super Speed

The razors are all in shaving condition and just need some cleaning and polishing to get them ready for the rotation.

still waiting (and hoping before next year) for Clubman Soap, Vie Long Horse Hair brush, and the V3, V3A, V2OC Maggard Razor heads.

After not buying anything for much of the year, I have binged this month, with soaps and razors.

B-1 Red Tip
proxy.php

proxy.php

My birth year razor, 1983... Hard to find!
proxy.php

proxy.php

Soaps, RR and Dr Jon's
proxy.php

GG Flower Grenade for the wifey, she LOVES it :)
proxy.php

Hit the local antique malls yesterday, mostly looking for fountain pens. Didn't find any pens worth getting, but made some nice shaving scores.

View attachment 625786

- The brush is an Ever-Ready 500PB (pure badger). It's developing a nice butterscotch color and will get a new Finest or Silvertip Badger knot.
- Old Spice mug
- Gillette 1940s-style Super Speed
- Gillette Slim Adjustable
- Gillette Ball-handle Gold Tech
- Gillette Red Tip Super Speed

The razors are all in shaving condition and just need some cleaning and polishing to get them ready for the rotation.
Very nice score, I haven't seen anything in the wild that nice in a long while.

Since I didnt have room for a christmas tree, santa put my present up on that notorious auction site. I been wanting one of these for a while, even though I almost never shave with anything besides a straight or shavette. Wilkie 7-day set. Last one of these I bid on, went for over $100 more than my bid, so I didn't think I would get this one, either, but I did. I imagine the strop is toast but the old one will make a pattern for cutting a new one. Or two. Cant wait to get it!

View attachment 625664

View attachment 625665

View attachment 625666

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Wilkinson-S...D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557
Nice, I got my set too for about $40, when they usually go alot higher. A few of the blades are even sharp enough to do a pass or two with lol

End of year acquisitions

Shaving Soap
*Strop Shoppe Austin w/Tallow

Aftershave Splash
*Barrister & Mann Fougere Classique
*Barrister & Mann Cologne Russe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom