What's new

ordered an ATT S2 but got an S1

I recently ordered an ATT S2 open comb slant razor directly from the ATT website. It arrived rapidly ant it is beautiful. It shaved nicely with no nicks, it is surprisingly mild. My only issue is I ordered an S2 but received the S1 closed comb version. The packing slip says S2 but the head clearly says S1. I sent an email to Stan at ATT to explain the issue last week but have gotten no response on how to exchange for the model that I ordered. I assume that he is busy for the holidays but would appreciate a return message. Please help me Stan.
Art

I recently ordered an ATT S2 open comb slant razor directly from the ATT website. It arrived rapidly ant it is beautiful. It shaved nicely with no nicks, it is surprisingly mild. My only issue is I ordered an S2 but received the S1 closed comb version. The packing slip says S2 but the head clearly says S1. I sent an email to Stan at ATT to explain the issue last week but have gotten no response on how to exchange for the model that I ordered. I assume that he is busy for the holidays but would appreciate a return message. Please help me Stan.
Art

Sorry I missed your email. Holiday time, went to a college football game, had a good time but have gotten behind.
If you want to do an exchange just send to;
Above the Tie
PO Box 1695
Kingsport, TN 37662
Please include a note describing the exchange.
Stan

Free trial of the s1 is pretty sweet. Stan's the man, based on the feedback here.

Just ordered a s2 myself.

If you are happy with the S1 maybe you should hang onto it. Just sayin sometimes in life things happen for a reason. :001_smile

If you are happy with the S1 maybe you should hang onto it. Just sayin sometimes in life things happen for a reason. :001_smile

If you like the S1, by all means keep it.

However, if you are doing an exchange, ATT should be reimbursing you for the return shipping. After all, the error was on their part and not on yours.

Thanks for your response Stan. PM sent, not sure if I should send the entire razor or just the head.
Art B.

You should probably just return the S1 bottom plate. The top cap and handle will be interchangeable with your new S2 bottom plate. Otherwise, Stan will have to sell the other pieces as second hand, like the bottom plate you are returning. Good thing Stan has a very liberal exchange policy. Hope it stays that way.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
If you like the S1, by all means keep it.

However, if you are doing an exchange, ATT should be reimbursing you for the return shipping. After all, the error was on their part and not on yours.

OP ordered an S2 and received an S1 instead!

The OP also used the razor and is now exchanging it. One would expect that one would inspect ordered items when they arrive, and if it is not the correct item, to notify the vendor and not use the incorrect item.
"Hey this underwear I bought online from you wasn't the briefs, it was boxers. I wore them yesterday and don't like them. Please exchange them for me."

The vendor has agreed to exchange a razor for one that he can't resell as new to make up for his mistake. I don't think shipping costs are much of a price to pay for the free trial run, and using the incorrect item, which the vendor isn't going to be able to sell new.

The OP also used the razor and is now exchanging it. One would expect that one would inspect ordered items when they arrive, and if it is not the correct item, to notify the vendor and not use the incorrect item.
"Hey this underwear I bought online from you wasn't the briefs, it was boxers. I wore them yesterday and don't like them. Please exchange them for me."

The vendor has agreed to exchange a razor for one that he can't resell as new to make up for his mistake. I don't think shipping costs are much of a price to pay for the free trial run, and using the incorrect item, which the vendor isn't going to be able to sell new.

I wasn't adverting to the fact that OP used the S1. In consideration of that, I'm surprised that he contacted ATT at all.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
I wasn't adverting to the fact that OP used the S1. In consideration of that, I'm surprised that he contacted ATT at all.

I was keen on it only because my wife is a meticulous inspector. If she orders something online, it gets a micro-examination to ensure it is free from the slightest defect before accepting it! :lol:

Sorry I missed your email. Holiday time, went to a college football game, had a good time but have gotten behind.
If you want to do an exchange just send to;
Above the Tie
PO Box 1695
Kingsport, TN 37662
Please include a note describing the exchange.
Stan
Have never had a reason to contact you Stan, I have an H2 open comb and no complaints other than my own arrogant stupidity when I first shaved with it, had to call the bloodmobile, my bad, this "veteran" learned respect for that razor and love it! Call it "jaws"

Thanks Phil. Glad you said it. I tried to be PC. The above stuck out to me starting with the title of this thread. Ha. Stan will make it right regardless and that's a partial reason why my ATT is my favorite razor...and the fact it is my best performer out of the 40 vintage and other stainless moderns I have.

I ended up with both the S1 and S2 baseplates; you use the same cap for both. 2 of my favorite razors. Currently, my top 2.

I emailed a question to Stan on Saturday (Will a Colossus handle fit inside an ATT Leather Travel Case?) and received a reply (Yes) within an hour. Sometimes, it's just a matter of timing, and I'm sure I got lucky that he just happened to be at his computer shortly after I sent the message. I wasn't really expecting a reply until maybe Monday, given that it was the weekend.

Btw, in case you're wondering, I then ordered the case along with an M1 base plate and an Inkwell Razor Stand.

Shaved with the S2 yesterday and the S1 this morning with an Astra blade. Is it too much to say that the S2 is probably one of the greatest razors I have ever used? If there ever was a holy grail then the S2 certainly comes close to it.

Top Bottom