What's new

"razorpit"

Whenever I go on a DE binge the most shaves I can get out of any blade is 3, and I've tried most all.

I truly do have tough beard/super sensitive skin, and I've found, I get better shaves and less irritation with a Mach 3 or a Fusion cartridge using the same shave prep. but they are expensive. I decided to risk $20 on a "razorpit"

I follow the instructions and put a little lather on it after I shave and give the cartridge 7 to 10 strops after each shave, then I rinse and pat with a towel. I use a new Gillette cartridge on the 1st and 16th of each month, and it's working for me. I might even be able to stretch a few more days out of them, but I like the scheduled change dates.

I feel like this product was worth the money. I can't say y'all would get the same results.

Happy holidays, Ron I

I wonder if a standard leather strop would do the same thing. I may give the strop a shot when my cart feels dull and if that doesn't work I may look into the razor pit. Thanks for the info!

I wonder if a standard leather strop would do the same thing. I may give the strop a shot when my cart feels dull and if that doesn't work I may look into the razor pit. Thanks for the info!

It would be my guess that it would. I understand that a length of blue jean also works well.

The razorpit product doubles as a razor stand when not being used for its intended purpose. They're black in color and fit in with my stuff. I didn't want to cut up a pair of blue jeans or I would have tried that, and I feel I would have gotten as good a result.

As I'm sure everyone knows, you only can strop the top of the blades with a cartridge. That's why I towel, pat dry; the bottom of the blades get a little moisture relief.

Ron I

It would be my guess that it would. I understand that a length of blue jean also works well.

The razorpit product doubles as a razor stand when not being used for its intended purpose. They're black in color and fit in with my stuff. I didn't want to cut up a pair of blue jeans or I would have tried that, and I feel I would have gotten as good a result.

As I'm sure everyone knows, you only can strop the top of the blades with a cartridge. That's why I towel, pat dry; the bottom of the blades get a little moisture relief.

Ron I

I was interested in the razorpit for my cartridge razors too. I'm on shave #5 on my Fusion cart, but don't think It's gonna last much longer. Money is tight right now so I might have to use a piece from an old pair of jeans. Do I have to use shave cream with jeans too?

I wouldn't think so. The razorpits are made out of rubber so I would think they need the lather for lubrication.

Ron I

I have one and it seems to work pretty well. But I wait until the lubricating strip(s) is gone, because from what I've read, the RP will rub those off.

Funny but the Razorpit got me into DE shaving.
I saved a link for one seller and kept revisiting it trying to decide if it was worth it.
Then I started reviewing the cost of carts... and saw a package of carts advertised as a "year's worth of shaves" which i had a hard time believing.
Then, when looking at the Razorpit on Amazon, I stumbled into a link for the Badger & Blade...

Thank you, Razorpit.

Have any of you Razorpit users figured out how much it extends cartridge use? Just curious if it doubles the number of shaves, triples, whatever.

I may have to break down and buy one to answer my own curiosity. It would be interesting to see exactly how the razor pit fares in testing against no stropping, using denim, using a wet towel, etc.

I have heard mostly praise for the Razorpit but have not heard of any direct comparisons.

I may have to break down and buy one to answer my own curiosity. It would be interesting to see exactly how the razor pit fares in testing against no stropping, using denim, using a wet towel, etc.

I have heard mostly praise for the Razorpit but have not heard of any direct comparisons.

I have not used a strip of denim, but I would take a bet there"s not a lot of difference in the result. However, I would venture to say, there is no way the denim strip would look as cool as the Razorpit. It makes a really neat razor stand when not being used for stropping.

I can't really say how many more shaves a Razorpit provides. I change cartridges twice a month regardless. I do think that the last 3 or 4 shaves from a Razorpit stropped cartridge are more smooth and comfortable than from one that is not.

Ron I

Here's an option to the Razorpit. You can pick these up at most any Dollar Store. I use this for my carts, and it works very well. It's about 5"x3" $Big eraser.JPG

Top Bottom