What's new

Restored my Grandfather's brush

Cleaned up and replaced the brush on my Grandfather's Ever Ready 100T.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 153
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 150
I pulled out the old hairs with a pair of pliers, bored out the old glue with a Forstner bit, cleaned up the hole with a Drexel tool, polished the handle with Hut's plastic polish and epoxied in the new knot. Not too much work.

That is awesome! Funny thing is I just restored the exact same brush this weekend. It was my dad's brush. He died when I was 3. I used a knot from TGN-two band finest. I'll try to post some pics tonight.

That is awesome! Funny thing is I just restored the exact same brush this weekend. It was my dad's brush. He died when I was 3. I used a knot from TGN-two band finest. I'll try to post some pics tonight.
I am about to start a restore with the same brush and knot, what size TGN knot did you order if I may ask?

Great job on the restore of your Grandfather's brush. It is a very nice brush made all the more special due to your connection with it.

Ok thanks for getting the pic on there. I was about to give up! How did you do that? I'm using Photobucket. What kind of link do you use?

http:// Here is a comparative picture with a Semogue 620. Love the 620 for face lathering but this TGN knot seems to have almost as much backbone and yet is much softer. Forgive me if this pic doesn't work. I'm determined to get this right.

Last edited:
Top Bottom