What's new

Musgoe preshave soap

Just bought some Musgoe Lime Glycerine soap for preshave. Haven't tried any other brand but this. This soap really adds a lot of slickness to my shaves. Just wanted to know if anyone else has tried it or any other preshave that is good.

Musgo Real is a great pre shave soap. It adds a lot of slickness to the shave. Their shaving soap is awesome as well (the green puck).

A good alternative pre shave soap at a fraction of the price of Musgo is Whole Foods 365 glycerine soap. Comes in unscented as well as a bunch of different scents and costs under $2.00 for a 114g bar.

I purchased 2 of the Musgo glycerine soaps from Men's Essentials in Toronto on a Black Friday sale last week. When I got home I noticed that one bar looked quite a bit smaller than the other so I weighted them. Stated weight on the label is 165g. The smaller bar weighed 115g and the larger one 142g. So I don't care how good the Musgo is, I'm never buying another product from that company.

i love musgo glyce for pre shave soap.
for me, best procedure is to rub over stubble, face lather vigorously and rinse lightly.
other transparent glycerine soaps work also; although i have slight pref for the musgo.
ach brito is same brand and same soap.
interesting, my unopened puck also shows short weight, 116g on scale vs 165g on label.
might be due to "shrinkage" related to time and storage.
i will be re-purchasing the Glyce despite the variance.

$IMG_8779.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought the lime at a TJ Maxx thinking it was some other sort of soap. As I recall, I bought it not knowing who Musgo Real is either. Now that I know how to use it, I'll give it a whirl. BTW I always check the soap/body care aisle and I haven't seen anything from them since.

Musgo pre-shave glyce is a great product. I rub it on my dry beard atg before the first wash, and then wash again the normal way—this is especially effective if you didn't shower immediately before your shave.

Top Bottom