What's new

New and having issues

Just started about a month or two ago. Was always a Mach 3 guy but couldn't shave without irritation. Then went the Harry's route. They are better than Mach 3 imo but still irritated. Finally learned about de razors figured to give it a try. I purchased a jagger de89L, leatherwhip badger brush, and tobs cream. I get a good shave on most of my face with astra or feather blades. But the bottom portion of my neck I can not get smooth. It gets a few bumps and leaves hair. When I go cross grain the razor doesn't glide it like skips. Any pointers on how to get a smooth neck? Probably technique but I'm still learning. And sorry for such a long post.

Welcome to the club. Glad to have you aboard. All I can advise is technique, prep, prep, prep, and skin tightening. The neck is probably the hardest part, after the chin and mustache.

Billski

Here I am, 1st again.
Welcome to Badger and Blade, Burton.

I'm not a fast reader, and you did not make a long post. I read your paragraph.

I was having the same issues with my neck. I found that I had to shave in various directions to get a good shave there. The hair on my necks grows in all different directions so it's hard to make sure I don't go atg. Just make sure you remember your passes don't have to be north, south, east, west. Try a southeast pass for example, depending on how your hair grows. I hope that helps.

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

Plenty of good tips above.

Welcome to B&B.

You might check out some videos on blade buffing, it really helps me under the jawline. Just go slow and keep a very light touch.

Just started about a month or two ago. Was always a Mach 3 guy but couldn't shave without irritation. Then went the Harry's route. They are better than Mach 3 imo but still irritated. Finally learned about de razors figured to give it a try. I purchased a jagger de89L, leatherwhip badger brush, and tobs cream. I get a good shave on most of my face with astra or feather blades. But the bottom portion of my neck I can not get smooth. It gets a few bumps and leaves hair. When I go cross grain the razor doesn't glide it like skips. Any pointers on how to get a smooth neck? Probably technique but I'm still learning. And sorry for such a long post.
Here's some great neck issues advise from members
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...suggestions-that-would-help-others?highlight=

Welcome! Really map it out, what you think is cross-grain may not be so. If mapping doesn't help, don't force extra passes. Sometimes 1-2 WTG passes for the neck is all it takes!

Once you're 'mapped', then it's just a matter of making sure your lather is slick, and probably tugging on the skin just a bit. When I go around the bottom of my neck, especially round the apple, I pull the skin over about a half inch to the side. Not so tight that it's stretched, just a little over and out of the way.

Top Bottom