What's new

Lost Wedding Ring

I lost my wedding ring sometime after Thanksgiving dinner. I got up Friday evening to go to work and my ring wasn't with my watch. I usually take it off and leave it on my dresser. My wife and I looked all over the house to no avail. I got home from work and continued the search. I got an idea, so I put new batteries in a metal detector that I haven't used in a decade or so.
I think I found my ring... Our 1 year old black lab sets off the metal detector even with his collar and tags removed. The display shows something the size of a large coin at a 6 inch depth. I guess I'll get my ring back in a day or two.
The whole thing reminds me of Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke.

attachment.php

Walk behind with a bag. Don't let your neighbors see you pulling it apart.

Hope you get it.
Congrats on locating it.

For our younger members who may not be familiar with this classic Cheech & Chong bit:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Good thinking.

Are you going to monitor the progress of this object through your dog? I would be inclined to, both to confirm the theory and to build anticipation of the big event.

At least it wasn't her engagement ring...

I lost my wedding ring sometime after Thanksgiving dinner. I got up Friday evening to go to work and my ring wasn't with my watch. I usually take it off and leave it on my dresser. My wife and I looked all over the house to no avail. I got home from work and continued the search. I got an idea, so I put new batteries in a metal detector that I haven't used in a decade or so.
I think I found my ring... Our 1 year old black lab sets off the metal detector even with his collar and tags removed. The display shows something the size of a large coin at a 6 inch depth. I guess I'll get my ring back in a day or two.
The whole thing reminds me of Cheech and Chong's Up In Smoke.

Your, your, um...

Attachments

• $get.gif
    $get.gif
    8.1 MB · Views: 201
I checked him with a metal detector before heading off to work; still getting similar readings. I'll keep checking him over the next day or two. When he comes up clear, I'll go on a backyard treasure hunt. I'm hoping to go to bed after church in the morning, but I think I'll be doing something involving rubber gloves before bed.

Please pass this holiday gift suggestion to the Mrs.:
imgres.jpg

[edit: insert pic of ultrasonic ring cleaner here, . . . . ]

mrlandpirate

Got lucky with dead badgers
When you get it back be sure to show it to the vet
to see if your dog has ring worms......rim shot

My mom lost an earring the same way when I was a kid. We recovered it only to find a bite mark in it which ruined the pair.

Okay there must be something wrong with me! I keep checking back to see how things are moving along.

Subscribed to Pouch Poop Watch 2016!:w00t:

Top Bottom