What's new

Mail Call!

Looking forward to trying these over the weekend! $ImageUploadedByTapatalk1448673541.205238.jpg

Nice, let us know how you like them!
Tried the Midnight Stag this afternoon. It seemed fitting to use it after an unsuccessful deer hunt! Let me say that this is the most masculine scented soap I have ever smelled. This description comes for their website and is as follows:

This one is masculine. Like really, really masculine. Like a “take an old, beat up leather jacket, drape it over a couple of tires to make a table and clean your guns on it” kind of masculine. Dark, unrefined, and totally unresistible, this is a scent for those who don't mind sticking out. Those who forge the paths. Those who are proud to be a man.

Scent is made of the following notes: Russian Leather, Motor Oil, Hoppes #9, Birch Tar, Oakmoss, Gasoline, Smoke, Cedar, Cade, Bergamont, Vanilla

Natural extracts and essential oils were used where possible, but some notes – such as Hoppes #9 and rubber are synthetic due to the nature of the scent.The Russian leather, motor oil, Hoppe's #9 and gasoline are spot on. Think of cleaning your gun in your grandfather's garage. I love it but it is not for the faint of heart. It lathers extremely easy and performs well. It is not as slick as say Tabac or Mike's Natural soaps, but it is acceptable. It is a keeper and perfect for the onset of colder weather.

Tomorrow will be the Sherlock.

Does Chiseled Face have an Orange Creamsicle soap? I have their creamsicle splash and I gotta admit that I really like it. I don't know if it would work in a soap, but I'd be willing to try it if they had it.

I remember that some people, when responding to what scent they would like in a shaving soap, have said Hoppe's #9. Now they appear to have it!!

Tried the Midnight Stag this afternoon. It seemed fitting to use it after an unsuccessful deer hunt! Let me say that this is the most masculine scented soap I have ever smelled. This description comes for their website and is as follows:

That does indeed sound like an extremely masculine soap. I'm not sure I could 3017 something that sounds that strong, but as an occasional winter shave it could be extremely nice!

Does Chiseled Face have an Orange Creamsicle soap? I have their creamsicle splash and I gotta admit that I really like it. I don't know if it would work in a soap, but I'd be willing to try it if they had it.

Yes. They have it on their site. Maggard's might have it as well.

You may want to hurry up your order, [MENTION=104913]Snookledon[/MENTION]. I think I read somewhere that Orange Creamsicle was being discontinued.

So I tried the "Sherlock" scent today. This scent is much harder for me to pin down. Here is the description off of their website:

Our Sherlock scent is inspired by the character brought to life in Sir Arthur Conan Doyle in his classic series – The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes – written in the late 1800’s. It is a warm tobacco based scent blended with toasted caramel, black pepper, moist dirt, and finished with a touch of leather, moss, mandarin, honey and rose.

I definitely get the dirt, mandarin, rose, and honey. The tobacco eluded me, which was one of the main reasons I opted for this scent. I may have to go with RazoRock for that scent. Performance was the same as the Midnight Stag, quite good. The product lathers easy and provides a good fusion. Once again the slickness is somewhat lacking if you compare it to Tabac, Haslinger, or Mike's Natural Soaps. All in all though a very good product.

You may want to hurry up your order, [MENTION=104913]Snookledon[/MENTION]. I think I read somewhere that Orange Creamsicle was being discontinued.
Thanks for the info.

It's one of those scents I'm embarrassed that I like. I also love Catie's Bubbles Saturday Morning scent (it's supposed to smell like sugary cereals).

Thanks for the info.

It's one of those scents I'm embarrassed that I like. I also love Catie's Bubbles Saturday Morning scent (it's supposed to smell like sugary cereals).
Funny, I think the fruity cereal scent is why I like 4711 AS so much. Might have to get a tin of the Orange creamsicle.

Top Bottom