What's new

Hero 266

Has anyone here used one? If so how does it write? I gave mu nephew a petite and another fp last year and he asked me to help find a cheap fp for a gift. I have a Hero 369 that has been a trooper and my favorite FP, bit could not find them on eBay. I came across the Hero 266 ten pack for under 9 dollars and picked it up to try, and hope one is good enough for my nephew to gift. Has anyone tried this pen?

I also have a Hero 369 and really like it other than I would prefer a converter vs the bulb fill it came with. I have a Jinhao 3005 that appears similar to the Hero 266. The hooded nib is a bit of a pain to clean, but overall the pen is pretty decent considering that it only cost me about $2 (shipped). The nib is supposed to be EF, but it's more like a fine and is pretty wet.

nemo

Lunatic Fringe
Staff member
I've found that really cheap fountain pens don't always make a good gift for a person starting out as they can be finicky and frustrating. Something quality and reliable that you can trust to perform makes a solid introduction and meaningful gift. YMMV

I've found that really cheap fountain pens don't always make a good gift for a person starting out as they can be finicky and frustrating. Something quality and reliable that you can trust to perform makes a solid introduction and meaningful gift. YMMV
If he's getting a 10-pack and gives them a good QC check, he'll probably find a couple that are decent. I do agree that most of the inexpensive (cheap!) Chinese pens are not the best introduction to fountain pens.

That was my plan. I plan to QC check and ink up the pens and give the bed one for giving out in Waterman Blue ink (my only ink).

Last edited:
Found some Hero 369 pens for about $4 each with free shipping from China. There are quite a few vendors selling them on AliExpress. I just searched "Hero 369" and sorted by price.

Got the 266 in last night. It writes very smooth. round 2 of cards are done with this pen, and my wife is using it for our cards and its a smooth fine line writer.

I went through the Jedi pass around Toda and found a Sample of Mount Blanc irish green. Inked up a 266, and my wife said that will be mine.

I have 3 inked and 3 was given to 2 nephews all have written well. One is at work on my desk, one at home and one my wife has kept for herself.

My review

Attachments

• $WP_20151212_21_03_01_Pro.jpg
    $WP_20151212_21_03_01_Pro.jpg
    45.3 KB · Views: 36
  • $WP_20151212_21_03_16_Pro.jpg
    $WP_20151212_21_03_16_Pro.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 35
  • $WP_20151212_21_03_25_Pro.jpg
    $WP_20151212_21_03_25_Pro.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 35
Top Bottom