What's new

Feather Artist Club And Weck Sextoblade : Razors Of Genius!

Those feather blades are very sharp ! Also they are probe to rust. So make sure you dry them thoroughly.

Sent from Mars

First shave done with the Feather Custom. Very light, as has been mentioned here, but easy to move around the face. First impressions are good. I used the Feather blade that came with it and made sure to dry it off well once I'd finished. I can see it getting some more love this week and beyond!

Inspired by [MENTION=86824]gvw755[/MENTION] I broke out this vintage Feather folder this morning:
proxy.php

I got this from [MENTION=69514]fasa[/MENTION] who seems to have a treasure house of Japanese shavettes.
It's big and heavy with a square point so a very different experience to the DX and very nice in its own right.

Inspired by [MENTION=86824]gvw755[/MENTION] I broke out this vintage Feather folder this morning:
proxy.php

I got this from [MENTION=69514]fasa[/MENTION] who seems to have a treasure house of Japanese shavettes.
It's big and heavy with a square point so a very different experience to the DX and very nice in its own right.
Think I need to contact Fasa and ask him to share his source over here!

I am currently in a Kamisori honing and shaving learning curve (tradional, not disposable bladed). About a year ago I picked up a Feather DX in the Kami style. After two shaves, I pretry much had this razor figured ot, and it was a suburb perfrormer, just like my folding handle western straight cousin DX with Pro-Super blades. But, the traditional Kamisori is a horse of a different color completely when trying to keep Omote against the face.

These tools have a place in my routine, and they are mostly used when I am on travel. I have the Feather DX t western and Kami styles, the KAI Captain standard, the Universal full blade version and the Focus Al half blade Verizon shavettes.

I got started in these with a CJB but my collection has grown a little. I acquired a Weck Sextoblade and got some Personna blades for it. I really like using it.
Very recently I got a Weck hair shaper with 108 blades. There were 2 old boxes of Weck blades and the rest were Amco stainless steel blades. Some are a bit rusted, but about 97% are just fine. The Amco blades are very sharp and smooth. I would almost rank them with the Feather Pro's that I use in my CJB.

Then just a few minutes ago, I got my newest addition. One that I have never seen before, (not that that really means a lot :lol:) but I got a Dubl Duck!

$20160921_183009.jpg
$20160921_184238.jpg
$20160921_184257.jpg

Any idea when it was made? Is it new or vintage?

The best guess I can make is that it is NOS, as it looks as though it has never been used at all.
It is stamped Pearlduck Inc., Jamaica NY on the back side, and interestingly also Japan. From the few things I can find about the company, it is from 1947-1952.

Used the Sam Seong this morning with a Pro Super.
proxy.php

Basically like the DX/RG/CJB but a bit heavier with a nice chromed head, rubber grip handle and a slider instead of a spring to close the jaws.
proxy.php

Shaving like this makes so much sense and is such an absolute pleasure now that my technique's up to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi my Clark, do you know where I can buy a non folding razor, such as yours

Top Bottom