What's new

Feather ASD2

I here from members that the Feather is a very mild shaver and some say it's slightly aggressive. The craftsmanship is superb and full stainless steel. Just wanted to know how it shaves and knowing that this going by individual opinions only.

Just let me know how you like or dislike your Feather Razor..Thank You!

It's a mild, well made shaver. Aggressive it is not. If you like mild razors and must have something that is all stainless, it's an option (if you don't mind the price).

I still kind of want one despite being all in on iKon for my stainless razors. It uses the same bar/slot method in the head for holding the blade that iKon does and I can attest that that is completely bulletproof for blade alignment. It looks very well made and they are relatively inexpensive at the moment due to the weak yen - they are currently sitting at about 60% of their usual price in dollars.

One thing you should be aware of is that it is actually chrome plated over the stainless steel. This was noticed here when a forum member accidentally destroyed theirs with a bleach soak, followed up with contacting the company, who confirmed it. For me this is a nonissue but for others it disappointed them for some reason. I basically think the thing looks amazing. I also like mild to medium aggressive razors.

I wish there was an open comb version :)

As the local iKon cheerleader I would also recommend checking out their stainless razors; iKon has a special going at the moment where you can buy a 5-piece set of a cap, three baseplates (OC deluxe, OSS, and Standard), and a handle for less than the price of a single razor from ATT. iKon makes very high quality stuff.

Hi Stoop,

I have the iKON Shavecraft Tech and It's aggressive(maybe a little too much). My daily driver is the Edwin Jagger DE 89L and the Lord L6 razor. I do have a Parker 24C open comb that I don't use anymore. Ikon is a good quality razor IMO. Great talking with you via email.

Frank M.

That's the general consensus so far. Do you the Feather blade?? I tried them but a little too sharp for my face. Thank you Red One.

Yes, love the feather blades but only in the AS-D2. I found them to be a little too aggressive in my ATT S-2. Use Astra SP's in that razor.

I just got one last week. Been using an R89 head on a Weber Bulldog, lovely combo. The AS-D2 feels like you're barely putting a razor on your face (to me), but then again- I haven't played with many shave angles yet..

It's def fun bc it gives you so many passes.. which are fun :)

The Feather is a really nice razor being very mild and low profile shave everyday shaving tool. It's possible to adjust how it shaves with careful selection of blades i.e. Feather for aggressive, Dorco or (your choice) for mild any other blade for the results you crave.

I have this razor an find , that for me, Dorco ST-301 or Personna, shave just the way I iike on my face. There is a blade that just right for your face with the Feather it's that good of a razor.

Top Bottom