What's new

Badger shave brush under the $20

What about one of these? $12.95 at Amazon. I've been using it for awhile, though it sheds a bit. Is a certain amount of shedding normal for a badger brush?

proxy.php

Hello dear forum members i like to know if there are quality badger brushes under the $20 that perform well and have decent backbone to build a good layer.
I hope to find information and experience here.
Thank you dear members.

None that I've ever been aware of. Stick to boar in that price range. Plan on spending $40 or more for a decent quality entry level badger that has soft tips and backbone. I recommend Whipped Dog but TGN is highly regarded on the forums. The Whipped Dog brushes tend to shed a bit but they are still great quality for the money.

I will agree with some of the others, and say that if $20 is the cap, I would stick with boar or synthetic.

Badgers under $20 will not be good quality. I'd recommend a Semogue 1305, Omega 49 or RazoRock Plissoft in that price range.

Personally, I would stick to boar in your price range. You can get a number of good boars for <$20.

i do not like pure badgers and there is nothing I would recommend in a <$20 badger. Obviously this is YMMV.

If i can get everybody's take on a budget brush as well. I have 40$ to buy my first brush, so even if it were the top of the line, I wouldn't know between it and a Van H.[emoji53]
Could I bug for some links and suggestions from you guys, thanks. I came across a Simpson from west coast shaving for 25$ i dont know the size

Top Bottom