What's new

Is bbs a myth

hi all, just wondered what your thoughts were on bbs? Is it really achievable? Dfs every time for me, I personally think bbs is some sort of nirvana!! Let's hear ur thoughts

captp

Pretty Pink Fairy Princess.
I've been getting BBS almost every shave for several years. So, no it's not a myth. It IS regularly attainable with tiime and patience

It's real, it's called going against-the-grain. That's the only way I know of to reduce stubble to unfeelable levels.

While it it possible for me I honestly don't bother as its an unrealistic goal. BBS only lasts two hours or so anyway and I am risking burn so DFS is much more easily achievable with no discomfort and little attention to detail. Since I am the only one that notices anyway why go to a lot of extra trouble?

It's real, it's called going against-the-grain. That's the only way I know of to reduce stubble to unfeelable levels.

Agreed, going against the grain is painful for me so I don't do it. I did once suffer through the ATG and achieved a BBS, it lasted two hours before I could feel stubble ATG at which point I decided that it wasn't worth it. YMMV.

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've found it neither a myth nor nirvana. I can get a BBS everywhere, and I get it in most spots with every shave, but there are some spots where I just don't care to go for it.

Two passes and, if necessary, a bit of touching up brings me maximum joy.

It's not a myth. I get a BBS almost every time I shave, although I do have to work at it. However, it only stays BBS for a few hours--then it slowly works it's way back down the scale.

I can get a BBS shave every time as well with a couple passes and a little clean up but I don't stress over it. If one day it's not as close here or there as the last shave no biggie. I've learned when it's good enough and I move on with my day.

I can usually get BBS if I want to. It requires roughly 4 passes (including atg). I'm happy when I have the time to do that as I enjoy it, but I don't usually have that luxury. A two pass dfs is awesome also!

I think it depends on skin and beard type. I can get BBS, but I end up with redness. Much better to stop when DFS then be BBS for a couple of hours but red half the day.

The last time I got a bbs i wasn't even trying and have no idea how or why it happened. I've decided to go with comfort and if I get the occasional bbs then great

I suspect that, like everything in wet shaving, it varies with the individual. I haven't gotten there yet. Not sure if I will. Not sure if I care either. Good enough is good enough...

Top Bottom