What's new

Is bbs a myth

I am like some others here, I can get BBS shave if I work at it. However, it usually comes with a price, irritation and some razor burn. As stated above it only last a few hours.

So I am completely happy with a DFS using WTG and XTG passes and some light touch-up in problem areas. This leaves the majority of my face BBS.

I often get a bbs shave on my head, rarely on my face. I'm satisfied, however, with a DFS on my face with 2 passes. As others have said, bbs only lasts a few hours and then the stubble returns over the course of the day. No worries, I'll mow it down again tomorrow.

Definitely not a myth, and I've had shaves that have stayed BBS until lunch and DFS until bedtime...and that's with a fairly fast-growing beard!

definitely not a myth. I can tell you which combination of hardware and software I can use to get it. But I've got to try all the razors, blades, soaps, creams, brushes, etc. that I've got so I don't always use a known combination every day.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
BBS isn't a myth, but...
BBS is not a goal, it's an occurrence.
The goal is proper technique and execution. If you have proper technique and execution, BBS will find you.
Chasing BBS leads to many problems: irritation, nicks and cuts, frustration and a host of related issues.

Agreed, going against the grain is painful for me so I don't do it. I did once suffer through the ATG and achieved a BBS, it lasted two hours before I could feel stubble ATG at which point I decided that it wasn't worth it. YMMV.

I can manage ATG in some places, but yeah I'd agree its not worth irritation.

I can do it, but I am retired and unless I am on a date or something, I settle for a DFS most of the time.

It's by no means a myth. Three passes, wtg, xtg & atg, remembering that "the grain" may well be different on one part of the face than it is on another.

I suppose it depends on the baby.
True

proxy.php

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
How many BBS threads a day can we generate, folks?

With 69,280 members, and a 3 minute posting limit, that would be 33,254,400 posts in a 24 hour period, not counting any new member registrations.

Glad I could help.

Raven Koenes

My precious!
A lot of people claim it and every time. My grandson who is fifteen probably get a bbs every time as he has puppy dog peach fuzz on his chin. A bbs is as smooth as a babies bottom that means in all the directions N., N.E., E., S. E., S., S.W., W., N.W., directions above below and center there is absolutely zero, zilch, nadda, hair stubble to be felt anywhere. Not one piece of stubble to be found as hard as you rub your face in all directions. There is absolutely no stubble to be felt. If you feel one it is not a bbs, as a baby has no stubble to be felt anywhere on it's bottom and that is the standard for your face. Anything less is not a bbs and a dfs at best. It is most likely a myth unless you are pubescent.

Last edited:
With time and practice it will come. I get a BBS almost every time.

This is the way. I've been at it so long I don't even think about it.
I cringe sometimes thinking about when I was younger and shaving with a month old blade
and trying to get BBS out of it .

Top Bottom