What's new

I made a video.

I was teaching my Nephew how to shave the other day and he said I should make an instruction video. Sounded like fun so here it is.

I've only been shaving since July so don't shoot!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
My only comments are on your strokes and the order in which you shave. You seem to take short strokes and then jump to a long one I would stick to short strokes throughout. Nothing wrong with you are doing. I usually shave one part of my face, i.e., right face, left face, mustache, chin, and then neck. But if what you are doing works for you, stick with it.

Your stage presence is quite good. Your explanation is good. Would not have guessed you were a newer shaver. Nice job.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
I've never seen anyone do a full pass without rinsing the blade.

Always interesting to note how we all have our own techniques.

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
Great shaving video! You are a natural in front of the camera. I was surprised and impressed how you took that alum block to your face and then dried off with a towel before rinsing.

If I left alum on my skin like that without rinsing afterwards, It would burn and leave me red and swollen.

Great shaving video! You are a natural in front of the camera. I was surprised and impressed how you took that alum block to your face and then dried off with a towel before rinsing.

If I left alum on my skin like that without rinsing afterwards, It would burn and leave me red and swollen.
I've been skipping the alum block lately, I think it might irritate me more than help me poat shave. I still use it on my hands while shaving to help with grip of the razor and stretching the skin.

Well done! You teach well. Thank you for sharing. As others have stated, it is informative to see how others shave, and to pick up little tips and tricks. For the last few days, I found myself chasing after how to make big lather. Your comment about the point of lather really clicked with me. Thanks!

Eric

Top Bottom