What's new

Mitchell's Wool Fat

Just tried this in this mornings shave. Really liked it but spent little extra time getting a great lather. I read where people use a grater to get this in a container. I bought the soap with the Ceramic container. The soap puck was smaller than the container. I put the container and puck together in the microwave for one minute with a little water in the container. Took it out and molded it perfect to fit. Been wet shaving for about 5 years now and really wonder why I haven't tried this soap sooner. Very good product IMO.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
#MWF contains tallow. Nuking is dangerous to the soap. I just let my puck soap with a spoonful of water added daily and it eventually expanded to the size of the dish. As a bonus, it became malleable and loaded just as easily as #Arko.

I just wet the bottom of the soap and pressed it into the dish, it stuck firmly and has never moved since. MWF is a top performer and has a permanent spot in my rotation, in fact I'm onto me second puck.

Glad to see your microwave experiment worked. My foray into microwaving tallow was less fortunate.

Enjoy the soap!

I find if I use and hydrate MWF it really comes around to a great shave.

Call me a heretic, but I grated mine up to fit a round bottom bowl* I had. Afterwards it loaded much easier.

*In the USA, we can get these really cheap plastic bowls for serving salsa in. They're almost break proof, they have a rough outside texture and they hold your typical 100-150g soap puck with plenty of room for swirling. I found some with snap on covers, but when I just looked online, could find them again.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I found MWF to be an overrated soap. You can find better tallow soaps out there. I could not stand the scent of MWF.

Maybe I'm in the minority here, but I found MWF to be an overrated soap. You can find better tallow soaps out there. I could not stand the scent of MWF.

You're not in the minority - but you're wrong ;-)

Just kidding.

If so inclined - figure why it did not work for you - try to figure it out. Most often it's technique and the process makes me a better shaver.

If not - move on to next. So many greats soaps/creams.

MWF is perhaps one of the more challenging to get the lather right and I would agree that there are better. I can barely discern a scent though. Makes me wonder if your sample is bad.

MWF is one of the best soaps out there IMHO. I have never had a problem and with it and always got amazing results.
It does help to hydrate the puck.

Once dialed-in, MWF yields excellent in-shave/post-shave performance, IMO.
As for scent, I too, enjoy the soft, "clean" character.

Top Bottom