What's new

Best shave ever! First BBS achieved!

I am proud to report that this morning was my finest shave ever! For today's shave I test drove my new Merkur 34C with a Feather blade and Palmolive shave stick. I noticed immediately that the Palmolive stick lathers much better and is much slicker than the Blades Grimm Smolder soap I had been using. I also noticed that the bar on the Merkur has a much better angle compared to the Vikings Blade razor I had been using, which I think was causing me to use more pressure to get any semblance of a close shave. I had only one small nick under my chin, otherwise not a hint or trace of stubble or shadow! Simply amazing. My alum bar also told me it was a great shave due to the lack of stinging experienced. I finished up with some Nivea post shave balm. Very thrilled with the results. In 20 years of shaving with cartridge razors, I never knew my face and neck could be that darn smooth. Thanks to everyone who have provided tips, advice, and welcomed me to this fabulous board. Happy Thanksgiving!

I tried an arko stick today, lathers like no bodies business, but left my face feeling dried out. Overall a pretty good shave

Dontcha love it when a plan comes together! I can get BBS with my Gillette New, but still waiting on that magical moment with the straight...

Picked up some Pinaud Clubman, and I'm happy to report that my wife digs the scent. I'm normally a little hesitant to purchase things like this without being able to smell it first, but this product had been widely recommended and rightly so.

Congrats! It seems like some one has found the perfect combo and technique :thumbup: BBS will never bore you, soon you'll be addicted to faceturbation!

Top Bottom