What's new

Saw an ERN, decided to buy it.

I'm mainly a DE razor buyer but the antique stores are just cleaned out around here. I still stop in now and then but all I usually find is lower quality or really beat up straits. While I do love my Feather Artisan Club I decided to buy a real strait if I ever saw a decent one.

Today I saw a box for an ERN 1720 and was actually surprised that when the razor came out it was in good condition.
I've never heard of this brand since I don't know much about straits but there does seem to be a lot of Crown & Sword razors out there with a bunch of different stamping on them so I have no idea how old this one is.

The blade doesn't seem to have any chips, pits or rust in it and looks decently strait so other than are those water spots? It needs a honing but I think this is a shaveable razor? For $18 it seemed like a decent buy.

$ERN1.jpg

$ERN2.jpg

$ERN3.jpg

Last edited:
While Value conversation is not allowed I can say that the blade looks to have been honed in the past and should hone up very nicely indeed. Very nice Find, I am a little biased though as I have Two ERN Razors and Love them Both a LOT:thumbup:

ERN made the best of razors especially the antique ones (+100 years old). I've got several ERN and I wouldn't mind another one ....[emoji56]

Top Bottom