What's new

Your most prized tin of tobacco.

Let's hear/see it fellas!
Let's see your most prized tin (or bag) of tobacco. Let us know why it's your most prized too! Is it because you love the taste or simply based on the collectability of it?

Here's mine! Strictly based on the collectability of it. I've never even tried it (yet).....

$20151125_200836.jpg

Still no rotate button

Not that it has any collector value, but it is an 11 year old unopened can. Hope it's not moldy when I finally decide to crack it.

Attachments

• $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 153
  • $image.jpg
    $image.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 153
Here ya go Brian.

I have a lot of great tobacco in my cellar and I know many pipe smokers hoard this due to it's rare availability, but If I want to pamper myself, I stuff a bowl with Penzance and experience a little heaven on earth. There really is nothing else like it for me. I rub it out and let it dry on the table for a 1/2 hour or so and that first billowy puff of smoke coming out of my nose is like perfectly cooked steak. It is simply delicious!

Here ya go Brian.

I have a lot of great tobacco in my cellar and I know many pipe smokers hoard this due to it's rare availability, but If I want to pamper myself, I stuff a bowl with Penzance and experience a little heaven on earth. There really is nothing else like it for me. I rub it out and let it dry on the table for a 1/2 hour or so and that first billowy puff of smoke coming out of my nose is like perfectly cooked steak. It is simply delicious!

Most definitely some very fine tobacco!

Too lazy to get up and take a pic haha

mine would be my 5 unopened bags of stonehaven, my 5 unopened bags of penzance, and my 11 unopened tins of Germain's Special Latakia Flake.

I can't imagine opening any of those in the next 5-7 years.

Too lazy to get up and take a pic haha

mine would be my 5 unopened bags of stonehaven, my 5 unopened bags of penzance, and my 11 unopened tins of Germain's Special Latakia Flake.

I can't imagine opening any of those in the next 5-7 years.

I too have a couple of pounds of Stonehaven and 3+ lbs of Penzance. I will likely smoke the Penzance at my leisure, but plan to cellar the Stonehaven for some years also. I didn't trust the foil bags they came in, so I have been cellaring in mason jars. I wonder if anyone can share about the reliability of long term storage in the foil bags. I have stored some VAs in vacuum sealed bags that have failed. I have also had mice get into a pouch in my basement.

I would have an extremely bad day if I had patiently waited for years to enjoy some aged Stonehaven to find out that the package failed and the baccy was ruined. I am probably a little paranoid, but the bag just doesn't feel like the proper protection for it's precious cargo.

I too am scared about the longevity of the foil bags. I've got half mason jar and half in foil bags. I just can't stomach myself to open them :)

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I picked up this 2 oz tin (empty) of Balkan Sobranie at an antique store around June 2013. It is a lousy pic- I will have to snap a newer one. $tin.jpg

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
The partial tin, now in a small mason jar of Momoyama that Senshi sent me when I won his PIF

Top Bottom