What's new

A little lens PIF!

So when I was given the privilege of becoming The Darkroom Steward, I remembered that I had a lens sitting in a box of bits and pieces.

It's an Auto Revuenon 50mm 1.8 in what I believe is an M42 fit, if any of you recognise it as another fit please let me know:biggrin1: No scratches or fungus, all looks good.

$1.8.2.JPG
$1.8.3.JPG
$1.8.JPG

No idea if it's of use to anyone, but there is one way to find out... PIF!!

To enter all I want is a picture you have taken that is related to the great outdoors! I don't want it to be hard to take part, so it can be anything, mountains, rivers, animals, birds, anything!

The winner will be the the picture that jumps out at me, I am not an expert so it might not be the most technically brilliant picture that wins!! So everyone feel free to enter.

I will run this for a week or so or until interest dies off(assuming there is any:biggrin1:)

Open to all members anywhere:001_smile

Let's see your pics:thumbup:

Nice gesture Warren, thanks.

I have no use for the lens but I may come back and post a pic later.

I'm in thanks

Attachments

• $001.JPG
    $001.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 142
  • $002.JPG
    $002.JPG
    101 KB · Views: 141
  • $003.JPG
    $003.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
$image.jpg

Here red is mine. Thank you for this thread!

I have a Nikon D3300. I'm not 100% certain that the lens would work for
me, but if it does, count me in the running! If it isn't, I hope you enjoy
the photo.

Last edited:
$photo(1).jpg
Hi WarrenB,
Please count me in. Congratulations on being The Darkroom Steward. Thanks for your kind pif. This lens would fit perfectly for my Pentax Spotmatic M42 camera. Cheers Rad

I'm in

Looked through my pics for the first decent looking outdoorsy looking one. There are probably better, I'll look again later if I have a chance...

$The-Lion-King.jpg

Nice pics everyone!
I will end this on the Sunday 6th, hopefully that should leave time for it to arrive as an extra Xmas parcel to open, you are not obliged to wait until the 25th to open it of course:biggrin1:

I promised you a pic, Warren... even though that cute little lens won't fit on this camera either.

Shot in Berlin in September but not developed and scanned until last month.

$2015-11-10-0009.jpg

Hi Warren, I`d like to share another photo with you all. Both photos were taken on film. The first B&W landscape one shared earlier was with BW Agfa 100 APX film and this colour one is taken on Fujichrome Provia 100F Transparency film and scanned on a dedicated Minolta film scanner. What a lovely night this was when I took this photo! Cheers Rad.
$city at night.jpg

Ok so let's pick a winner!!

My favourite is the last one from Radium, everything in it looks beautiful, the skyscraper lit up on the right, the lights of the cars centre and then the great sky on the left!
So congrats Radium!

Thanks for putting your pics in everyone and sorry you didn't win:001_smile

Ok so let's pick a winner!!

My favourite is the last one from Radium, everything in it looks beautiful, the skyscraper lit up on the right, the lights of the cars centre and then the great sky on the left!
So congrats Radium!

Thanks for putting your pics in everyone and sorry you didn't win:001_smile

Thanks Warren for your generous pif offered to everyone. I`m super thrilled to win and believe it or not this will make the last month of this year December a keeper for me and it`s like a Christmas gift. Looking forward to using your lens and it will fit perfectly on my M42 Pentax Spotmatic camera without the need for any lens adapters. Good shooting everyone! Oh and good shaving too!:thumbup:

Top Bottom