What's new

Coffee in the berry.

I received a kilo of coffee from a friend in Ecuador.... It is still in the berry.

Beans on the right are Costa Rica, on the left are the ones I received

I have no idea what to do with them

proxy.php

I'm guessing you got a few more than the ones in the picture. I'd take them out of the dried cherry and roast them! It would be an even more interesting experiment if you could get some from the same place that were already processed.

I'm guessing you got a few more than the ones in the picture. I'd take them out of the dried cherry and roast them! It would be an even more interesting experiment if you could get some from the same place that were already processed.

Yes, this is solid advice. The old popcorn poppers you use over fire work great. It stinks to high heaven though.

I received a kilo of coffee from a friend in Ecuador.... It is still in the berry.

Beans on the right are Costa Rica, on the left are the ones I received

I have no idea what to do with them

proxy.php

Really cool! Even cooler to have a friend that has access to coffee cherry.

Natural dried cherry - I guess you are going to have to figure out a method for milling them. How difficult is it to remove the hull by hand? Just rubbing? Work your way up from that. A rolling pin?

-jim

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
Seems you best be a bit hasty about it to avoid mold. This guy seems to have a good method.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm afraid the poor beans are so dried out that they're not going to useable. That video is of ripe cherries, not the dried out ones in the OP's picture.

Top Bottom