What's new

Fat Handle Tech: Challenging my Fat Boy's Predominance

Following Beamon's post about comparing the Gillette fat handle tech to the Feather, I gave it a shave last weekend. The results were very good. Then I decided to try it again this morning, and this time the results were great.

This is proving itself to be an excellent day-to-day stubble eliminator, and does so in a very smooth, easy to use way. Closeness is easily on par with my normal go-to Fat Boy set to 5 with a Gillette Silver Blue. I knew from the first shave it had the potential to unseat the Fatty as a daily driver.

Now I'm afraid I might be getting hooked :)

proxy.php

I gave my son in law a Slim to introduce him to DE shaving. It worked, so I then gave him a spare triangular slot fat handle Tech. He now uses the Tech all the time.

the triangle slot tech is the best closed comb non-adjustable razor I own (a lot of qualifying there).

Every Tech I have tried just does not shave as close as my Fat Boy set @ 9. Nor as close as my Merkur 37c slant, Fatip, vintage Gillette OCs and Muhle R41. The Techs shave smooth enough but the shaves do not last as long for me as with the others. Slightly disappointing really.

Bob

Sound to me like you need to turn the Fatboy up.:tongue_sm

Seriously though, If I reach for a 3 piece it is usually a NEW or an OLD. I can get a decent shave from my Ball End Triangle Tech, but nothing compared to my Fatty wide open or an OC. If I find a fat handle Tech in the wild I'll get it, but I don't think my Fatboy will loose to much time to it.

Top Bottom