What's new

The good thing about science

OK, lets not leave this on a sour note.

"The good thing about Neil deGrasse Tyson is that he will continue to think he's right whether Seraphim believes him or not"

:thumbup1:

I hate going to those hip bars that cater to the telescope crowd, because you just know by the end of the night there'll be a couple of bozos fighting over who's got the bigger telescope.

Chicks dig big telescopes.

So that's why I don't get any action with my binoculars?
proxy.php

But everyone knows that pie are round, and cake are squared.

I've heard with authority that the finest bakers in the world have tried squaring a pi. Italians, Germans, Romanians, Spaniards and even the might French have all failed. Sadly I'm sure that the Japanese COULD but we all know they make neither pi or cakes. A tragedy in our modern time.

I've heard with authority that the finest bakers in the world have tried squaring a pi. Italians, Germans, Romanians, Spaniards and even the might French have all failed. Sadly I'm sure that the Japanese COULD but we all know they make neither pi or cakes. A tragedy in our modern time.

I am actually traveling to Japan tomorrow morning. I will provide photographic evidence that indeed they make cakes and pies in Japan.

I shall debunk this Tysonian hypothesis once and for all!

Degrasse said that science is true whether you believe it or not, but many scientists do not agree with his statement. More to the point, as you said, science seeks truth, but isn't truth in itself just because it is science.
Scientific research and discovery is conducted by man, and man is flawed, therefore our answers may be flawed.
That's the beauty of science, because even when we are wrong, and we are FREQUENTLY wrong, we seek to re examine and re verify.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1182327/

https://www.quora.com/What-do-you-t...at-its-true-whether-or-not-you-believe-in-it”

Very true.

The evolution of the atomic model is a great example of this. Early models (very simple ones with just electrons,protons and neutrons) explained a lot of molecular behavior and resulted in a lot of great discoveries, but later on with more advanced instruments we discovered that model wasn't entirely accurate and came up with the quantum model... I imagine as we progress into the future with even better instruments, the quantum model will be refined into something even more accurate.

Excellent example of how science isn't always truth.

and on the 8th day the Lord looked upon the earth and it was good, and on the 9th day God Created TAMALES, and boomed through the Heavens TAMALES are Good .The Science Proves it:lol:

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
“Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.”

― Miles Kington

Top Bottom