What's new

Synthetics: Might have to eat my words

Tried my new RazoRock Pillsoft today and wow. My shave today included Xpec unscented, a 40s SS, and my dirty bird scuttle.

i liked it almost as much as my Kent BK4 and given some fine tuning who knows. I haven't hated the idea of synthetics but also never found one I cared for at all. The Kent Infinity was better but still not what I'd want to use every day.

Pillsoft I could see using every day. So I just might be a dead Dino product brush concert.

BAD has me even looking at the Muhle/EJ STF :001_rolle

I just used mine for the first time last night and was amazed by it. Granted the only brush I have used before that is some crappy one that came with my original starter kit and I don't even know what kind it is. But the Plissoft is incredible. I especially enjoy the barber handle. Fits in my hand perfectly.

I have been using mine for almost a month now and it's just awesome. Enough backbone to give me a satisfying scrub, super soft and builds lather better than any brush I own. I really need to sock a few more away. I have tried to go back to my badgers but they leave me wanting the synthetic for one reason or another. It's certainly not your dad's "fishing line" brush.

I love the Plisson and imagine the Razo Rock is equally good, but truely prefer the EJ STF because of the option to get different sizes. I won't try the Razo Rock because it's larger than I prefer, and that's why my Plisson gets used just here and there. I have the EJ in 19mm and it's perfect.

Tried my new RazoRock Pillsoft today and wow. My shave today included Xpec unscented, a 40s SS, and my dirty bird scuttle.

i liked it almost as much as my Kent BK4 and given some fine tuning who knows. I haven't hated the idea of synthetics but also never found one I cared for at all. The Kent Infinity was better but still not what I'd want to use every day.

Pillsoft I could see using every day. So I just might be a dead Dino product brush concert.

Yes, they are quite good brushes. After about 5-10 good lathers they seem to soften up and splay out just a tiny bit more. I bought one and then another after trying the first and there were slight differences once the second arrived. They have now evened out.

Stirling makes a 22 and 26 mm version to help you fill in the gaps and cure/fuel that SAD :thumbup:

http://www.stirlingsoap.com/synthetic-shave-brush-22mm/

http://www.stirlingsoap.com/synthetic-shave-brush-26mm/

Plisson is awesome. Plissoft is awesome. The latter seems a lot stiffer, but I knew that going in and like the sunthetic variety I now have

I ordered a Plissoft and it shipped out today. I'm a sucker fire a great deal and this brush looks like it may become the best value one can find in a brush before it's all said and done.

I found the Kosmo handled Muhlë brushes. Man that's a sweet looking brush. Anybody have experience with them?

I have the Muhle 21H 220 Rytmo with "Black Fiber." The black fiber is awesome. If this brush has that synthetic I think you'll love it!! The Plisson is awesome as well.

I have the Edwin Jagger XL-STF and that is one great brush. I might even make it a twosome and buy the Mühle XL (in a different handle color) to sit beside it.

Modern day synthetics are phenomenal. I have the Muhle STF (XL size/25mm knot), and i just love it. Its an awesome brush. I also love my Plisson, it is wonderful also.

My Razorock Plissoft with the barber handle is out for delivery today along with several new soaps. Cella is in the box so I'm guessing that and the brush will be on for tomorrow morning. As a newbie to synthetics and to Cella, I am excited to try both.

Modern day synthetics are phenomenal. I have the Muhle STF (XL size/25mm knot), and i just love it. Its an awesome brush. I also love my Plisson, it is wonderful also.

Even though the knots are supposedly the same, I think I like the Mühle handle a little better.

Even though the knots are supposedly the same, I think I like the Mühle handle a little better.

Yeh I have never tried the Edwin Jagger to compare how the handles feel (the only EJ brush I have is a small Best Badger). I have heard some say they prefer the EJ handle for the synthetic, and the also heard some say they prefer the Muhle. Seems like it's just a real personal preference. Maybe worth owning both [emoji6]

Top Bottom