What's new

Funny eggnog related stories

I love drinking eggnog whether it's store bought or homemade, preferably non-alcoholic though since I perfer to keep my nog and alcohol separate. Now have a few amusing memories relating to eggnog that I wish to share. In the order of least funny to funniest.
-The last time I made my own eggnog I used a recipe that incorporated both the egg yolks and whites. Unfortunately I processed the nog in a blender on a high enough setting that I ended up with custard instead of eggnog. It was still good though.
-I once had a big gulp of spoiled eggnog once. This occasion broke me of drinking anything that come out of a paper carton. Worse that sour milk taste, and I unfortunately know this.
-Now this next story happen to not me, but to my father. It's been nearly six years since it happened. My father loved eggnog more than anyone I know, and like me drank out of paper cartons as well. Since l moved out long ago my father hasn't had to share eggnog with anyone and my mother doesn't drink it either. One day my dad came home from work early and went to the fridge for a snack. When he open the fridge he saw a carton and only read the word egg. Assuming my mother had bought him some eggnog, he opened it up and took a big chug. After a few minutes of gagging he promptly pour the rest of the presumed bad eggnog down the sink and called my mother to tell her the eggnog she had bought was bad. She immediately inquired as the what eggnog he was talking about. He then told her the eggnog in the yellow carton in their kitchen fridge. She then replied that that wasn't eggnog, but eggbeaters that she had bought for making a large batch of cookies instead of regular eggs. My father hasn't touched eggnog since and thought of drinking it makes him gag.

I hope these made you laugh! If you have any funny eggnog related stories, please share.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
Sorry DCR, I just don't have any egg nogg stories. I don't remember it being served at our house growing up. I think they were all fighting over the beer and whiskey and didn't have time to make any nog.

I have one and this concerns my father (RIP). He had a special recipe for alcoholic eggnog and he used the store bought stuff as a base. He added bourbon, brandy, rum, and God knows what else. I think the recipe was lost but he always added very precise quantities. He and my mother always waited until Christmas Eve to wrap most of the presents and that's when he drank it. I know this isn't very funny, but the thought of him doing that brings back pleasant memories.

One of my own and less humorous: I made it from scratch once. Using only the yolks, folding in the egg whites at the end, ground nutmeg, added some booze, the whole nine yards. I followed a recipe that was probably from the Joy of Cooking, my mother's bible for the kitchen. I then bottled it in Paul Masson carafes, baggie over the top, and affixed a bow to gave a few away as gifts. It was well received by all. And what I kept and drank was not too shabby.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
No funny egg nog stories. The only funny beverage during the holidays story I have involves strawberry Nestle Quik.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
Well do tell.

We went for Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's (older one) apartment. The younger one (blonde) went to the convenient store because, as usual, something was forgotten. To set this up, this was the old packaging- a lid that is held on by friction (see picture), and is easily popped off with a spoon. Well, she was super-psyched, and came into the kitchen triumphantly saying "I got strawberry Nestle Quik" while waving it back and forth above her head. My and my other sister just stood there speechless as we saw pink stuff flying everywhere- kind of like those ribbons used in synchronized dancing. When my sister moved out 6 months later, she was still finding that stuff in crevices.

Attachments

• $nq.png
    $nq.png
    119.4 KB · Views: 25
I never had egg nog till college at Home we has spiced hot Apple cider or homemade hot chocolate.

I did have a date get tanked at the ROTC Christmas ball at the Little Rock Air Base they had unleaded and leaded egg nog .She got into the leaded on a empty stomach I remember best her hurling on the side of interstate on the way home.

We went for Thanksgiving dinner at my sister's (older one) apartment. The younger one (blonde) went to the convenient store because, as usual, something was forgotten. To set this up, this was the old packaging- a lid that is held on by friction (see picture), and is easily popped off with a spoon. Well, she was super-psyched, and came into the kitchen triumphantly saying "I got strawberry Nestle Quik" while waving it back and forth above her head. My and my other sister just stood there speechless as we saw pink stuff flying everywhere- kind of like those ribbons used in synchronized dancing. When my sister moved out 6 months later, she was still finding that stuff in crevices.

I miss those old cans!

Top Bottom