What's new

Clubman pinaud before bed even when not shaving.

I've been using Clubman Pinaud at night before going to bed. I'm not shaving when I do this, I just enjoy the fragrance. I think it reminds me of how my father used to smell. He used old spice but when I smell old spice, it doesn't remind me of him. But Pinaud does for some reason . I've grown to love the smell and put it on at night mainly for my enjoyment. I do it with others as well. I'm quite fond of Sterling barbershop. Does anyone do this too and what do you guys use?

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
Not necessarily before bed, but I do enjoy a splash of Clubman later in the day. Its great after showering up from a workout. You're right, its a great, soothing scent.

Did your dad get his hair cut at a barber? Perhaps a barber that splashed him with Clubman after the haircut?

I like Clubman OK...but the LOTH not so much, especially when first applied. She's marginally accepting later in the day. If I applied it before bed, I would be sleeping in the garage...:bored:

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Last night after lights out, I got, "You smell nice. What are you wearing?"

"Who knows," I said, "there are so many ..."

Actually, it was Lime Veg/4711.

AA

When I first bought and tried Clubman, I did the exact same thing. Although, I didn't wear it on my face to bed. I put some on each wrist so I can take a whiff of it occasionally. Loved the scent. Still enjoy it, but I don't wear it as often.

Not necessarily before bed, but I do enjoy a splash of Clubman later in the day. Its great after showering up from a workout. You're right, its a great, soothing scent.

Did your dad get his hair cut at a barber? Perhaps a barber that splashed him with Clubman after the haircut?

I do the same after the gym sometimes. Yes, my dad was my grandad by blood (I was adopted) and went to an old school barber. I went with him all the time. I guess he could have splashed him with pinaud.

My wife doesn't mind it so I'm good. I don't put too much on though. One small splash after washing my face. I like to put a little clubman powder on my neck too. It just feels nice. I know some people don't like the scent and I understand. I wear different colognes as well (some very expensive) but pinaud is just a relaxing clean smell to me.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I do the same after the gym sometimes. Yes, my dad was my grandad by blood (I was adopted) and went to an old school barber. I went with him all the time. I guess he could have splashed him with pinaud.
Cool. Well, that's probably why Clubman reminds you of him. Happy Thanksgiving!

yeah I do this occasionally, only started recently. I also generally take a whiff of AT LEAST one shave soap or AS everytime I step in the bathroom. Since I shower twice a day due to my job I have started to sometimes apply an AS after my evening shower. So far it's been WSP Tobacco, Wholly Kaw Jamestown Gentleman or RazoRock Mudder Focker.

yeah I do this occasionally, only started recently. I also generally take a whiff of AT LEAST one shave soap or AS everytime I step in the bathroom. Since I shower twice a day due to my job I have started to sometimes apply an AS after my evening shower. So far it's been WSP Tobacco, Wholly Kaw Jamestown Gentleman or RazoRock Mudder Focker.

I don't usually shower twice a day but I apply aftershave or balm whenever I wash my face. Depends on what kind of mood I'm in. I've never tried any you mentioned. The wsp tobacco sounds intriguing.

Ive got a heavy beard and im not a morning person. So sometimes i shave at night so i can shave more quickly and easily before my morning commute. An incentive is i will use as AS post night shave. I dont use an AS otherwise, feels like a cheat. So i might do one shot shave, makes it easier in morning, makes me earn the AS scent.

Top Bottom