What's new

See post #48 .Arko soap in the bowl is being discontinued!

Ive been lurking this forum for quite awhile, but I thought I should check in and let everyone I possibly could know about this. I've been an Arko soap fan since I began wet shaving (about 6 years ago), and was always fascinated with the company. I sent Evyap (Arkos parent company) an email awhile back asking about their products and never received a reply back for a very long time. Over a year pass, and yesterday I received an email back saying basicaly that the "CLASSIC ARKO" soap is now being "cleared out" of most places with a lower price to make room for a new product. I can't confirm what this means, but I believe they have intention of selling this soap cheaper, and of dropping it from their products. I know there was the scare awhile back with Williaims soap and the Palmolive stick, but I was never really a fan of either of those soaps to begin with. I do have a few sticks of Arko, but am planning to get a few more in the next few days, just as a precaution. If/when Evyap responds to my email, I will report back. Thank you, StraightShaver

welcome to badger and blade,

i think there is so much arko out there right now, it would probably take ten years for new old stock to become hard to find lol

since we finally got your signed up you should stop by the newbie area and hall of fame to say hello and introduce yourself

Hello and welcome. Great to have you here on B&B. Wander on over to the Hall of Fame and introduce yourself.

$IMG_1846.jpg
This is such sad news. I`ve heard Derby and a couple of others being cut too from Turkish shaving vendors and now Arko. I was kind of kicking myself for buying 4 cases of Arko saying to myself no way in hell would I finish this with my other soaps and creams as well ....but in an ironic way I`m glad I bought 4 Arko cases of sticks now. I was originally just going to get 1-2 Arko cases but I`m so glad to have gotten 4 now. This is really sad news but let`s hope they come out with new shaving soaps despite this classic that might be gone from production.

luvmysuper

My elbows leak
Staff member
The product is still advertised and highly spoken of on their website.
It makes no sense for a company to advertise and promote a product on their website, while simultaneously trying to clear it out from retailers.

Everyone and their dog is making shaving soap now. Clubman Pinaud has released a new soap and a cream. Go into the stores and every week you see a new soap or cream from someone.
Arko has been a good seller for many years, and it just doesn't make sense that a company would reduce its profits by killing a popular line of soap when every other company competing is trying to come up with one.

Do a Google search of B&B for the keyword "discontinued" and you'll find over 60 pages of products discussed because they were discontinued. Some of these include Williams mug soap, Aqua Velva, Brut, etc.

These rumors pop up from time to time and never have any basis in fact. If someone does actually have something about a product that is confirmed, please feel free to share it, otherwise it's just so much conjecture.

I would hate to see it go with all the love it gets on here. I have a small puck and it works fine, just not a fan of the scent, makes me think of bathroom cleaner.

Could it be that the Arko stick is being dropped in favor of the new Arko in a tub ??? After all stick lathering really is VERY old school and Arko needs to stay fully "up to date" to remain competitive.

Time will tell.........

Could it be that the Arko stick is being dropped in favor of the new Arko in a tub ??? After all stick lathering really is VERY old school and Arko needs to stay fully "up to date" to remain competitive.

Time will tell.........

This is what I was thinking when ""CLASSIC ARKO" soap is now being "cleared out" of most places with a lower price to make room for a new product."

Perhaps the scent is what is changing. If so and everything else remains the same it might just be a change for the better. If not, perhaps the new product will actually be a real improvement. Let's not jump the gun, and make ourselves silly over something that may or may not be a bad thing.

I for one wouldn't mind a change of scent with this stick. Or a tweak to the formula that make it a better lather.

Top Bottom