What's new

Arko PIF (US/CAN)

My favorite shaving soap is actually one of my own creation. I've never tried Arko. I would probably never buy it on my own, but I would definitely try it as a gift.

I am in thanks for offering never tried Arko.

Current favorites are Sharp Dressed Man, Barbershop, and Bay Rum all from Stirling Soaps with an omega boar hair brush.

I'm in. Thanks for the chance.

A few of my favorite soaps are The Strop Shoppe Peppermint SE, RazoRock P.160, and RazoRock XXX.

We have a winner! Congratulations to mbkintner!
Please PM your details sir, and I will ship these sticks out to you ASAP.

Thank you to all who entered and left kind words. It was great reading all the favorites.

proxy.php

Excellent! Not only will this be my first experience with Arko; it will also be my first experience with any shave stick.

I'll let everyone know how it goes.

Thank you!

Got my Arko package today! [emoji1] Thanks Shea!

I won't be able to give it a try until this weekend but knowing how polarizing the scent is I HAD to give it the sniff test.

I can see why some might not like it and I get the comparison to urinal cakes [emoji6] but to be honest it's not that bad. Looking forward to Saturday.

First off.... I know my reply in this thread will bump it to the top so unfortunately I suspect we will shortly be dealing with a series of "I'm in" posts from people who don't bother to read the thread. :001_rolle Sorry guys!

I have few shaves in now and finally have a chance to give some feedback on my first experience with Arko.

I had never uses a shavestick before but I can definitely see the appeal. It's convenient, quick, and effective. I can see a shavestick being useful when you are travelling or when you are running late in the morning. I'm not real keen on the paper wrapper with exposed soap so I'll likely pick-up some of the plastic containers. Any recommendations?

As for the Arko.... Wow, that soap is a lather beast!!! The first time I used it I ended up with so much lather I think I could have shaved my entire body; several times. It also performed extremely well; protective and slick with a great post shave feel. As for the scent... I can see how some people wouldn't like it but it really doesn't bother me.

Bottom line... there is a reason Arko is a classic. It's a great soap at a price that can't be beat. It won't take the place of my favorite soaps but I can see it maintaining a place in my staple of soaps.

Thanks again!

awesome man, so glad you dig it. If times got real lean, I know I could count on a few sticks of Arko and some Astra SP's.
Probably, shavings best value

Top Bottom