What's new

Lavender Beeswax Homemade Pomade

I finally bit the bullet and made my pomade at home. I used a 1 oz block of beeswax, 19 grams of white petrolatum, 19 grams of grapeseed oil, and about 9 drops of lavender essential oil. I heated up the beeswax, then added the petrolatum and grapeseed oil. Once everything was melted, I added my scent. Poured into a used altoids tin, which was a mistake.....there was not enough room. Overall, pretty happy with the results so far. Medium to medium heavy hold, with medium shine. Think I will buy some 3 oz containers for future use.....and will probably give out as Christmas presents to my bro-in-laws that use pomade as well.

Awesome! That is super cool

Can you give more details? Double boiler or straight on the heat?

Yes, double broiler. Went with 1 oz bees wax bricks from amazon. Did 19 grams as that is 2/3 oz rounded to nearest gram. Lavender just tickled my fancy, and wife likey......so it's a win win.

Call me crazy, but think the yellow high lites my light brown, straw blonde hair.

Great job OP. Your hair colour is similar to mine. I have more of it but the color is similar. If yours is like mine, it is actually a good bit lighter than the photos show. Between the camera lens and the pomade, it darkens my hair a LOT. I like the medium sort of shine these sorts of products give. The lighter the hair colour, the more the shine factor I have found. What is matte on dark hair is low shine on me. Medium shine is shiny, and anything high shine is downright oily looking on me.

You have inspired me to finally try this. I may try to find the microcrystalline wax and use that as the base. Just to give a contrast with your pomade. Again, great job and the product looks like a true home brewer cooked it up!

Top Bottom