What's new

Proraso AS balm (blue) scent?

I'm interested in the Proraso AS balm aloe and vitamin E with the blue label. I couldn't find much regarding the actual scent. For those who have used it, how would you describe the scent. I'm under the impression that it is rather subtle and not strong.

Mike

I have not tried the AS but I do use the shave cream. The scent is very mild and really nothing special at all. I really would be hard pressed to even describe it. Some say it has a light licorice smell which is somewhat accurate. I use it because it gives great performance and leaves my skin feeling great. I would assume the AS is just as effective. I am hoping to get some for xmas.

I'd say the Blue AS balm is almost a perfect match with the Blue cream. Just very slightly a little sweeter smelling. Not strong. Has that subtle licorice and anise note to it. For me it's calming. What I don't like about it is that it seems to kind of dry out on top of your skin leaving a shiny almost crust-like film. The Nivea sensitive doesn't do this, but I don't like the scent as much as the Proraso Blue. FWIW, the Trumpers Skin Food kind of does the same thing for me.

tankerjohn

A little poofier than I prefer
I love the Proraso Blue scent. Anise with some woody/herbal/light medicinal undertones. Very sophisticated and nice. I wish they made a splash with that scent as I'm not a balm guy. If I was a balm guy, I'd totally grab the Blue balm.

I do not like anise or black licorice, so I hated both the cream and balm. As expected though, they were very functional and a good match.

Nice to know there is an anise note. I like licorice, Ouzo, Galliano, etc. I just got my blue cream and balm but haven't used them yet. For those of you who favor this scent, Stirling has a Black Ice line that is quite nice.

I love the Proraso Blue scent. Anise with some woody/herbal/light medicinal undertones. Very sophisticated and nice. I wish they made a splash with that scent as I'm not a balm guy. If I was a balm guy, I'd totally grab the Blue balm.

I agree with you. It's nice and not overpowering it means that can boost and last longer any of you EDT or AS splashes.

Top Bottom