What's new

You are stranded on a Desert Island where . .

Status
Not open for further replies.
You discover you will be there for a very long time with little chance of rescue. There is no hot water unless you learn how to make fire and find a pot. You will find a cache of:

One shaving soap
One shaving cream
One, and only one shaving brush
A coconut bowl
A small mirror
A safety razor
An unlimited supply of DE blades

In your now dream universe where money is no object, which of the following do you hope is in the cache and why?:

Which Shaving Soap?
Which Shaving Cream?
Which shaving brush (be specific)?
Which safety razor?
And which brand of unlimited supply of blades (one only)?

There are no "do overs". You get what you get once, and once only.

:001_smile

You discover you will be there for a very long time with little chance of rescue. There is no hot water unless you learn how to make fire and find a pot. You will find a cache of:

One shaving soap
One shaving cream
A coconut bowl
A small mirror
A safety razor

In your now dream universe where money is no object, which of the following do you hope is in the cache and why?:

Which Shaving Soap?
Which Shaving Cream?
Which safety razor?

The reason the island is deserted and only shaving equipment is left behind is because the lone survivor rescued his shave kit instead of food, or radio, or... Somewhere on the island is a well shaved corpse, albeit a bit skinny from no food.

New LC ball end, Astra SPs, Shavemac custom D01 2 band 20/40 flat, Chiseled face Sherlock or Stirling Pumpkin Spice...and perhaps Mary Ann. :wink2:

I don't do cream, so maybe whatever Proraso is in that Bigelow tube I keep hearing about?

40's style Super Speed, gillette 7 o ' clock black blades, arko, Stirling soap co 26mm synthetic brush, I don't like any creams I've used like proraso or tobs.

One shaving soap
One shaving cream
A coconut bowl
A small mirror
A safety razor

Which Shaving Soap?
Which Shaving Cream?
Which safety razor?

An SE razor for starters. :lol:

Shaving soap: Mitchel's Wool Fat, it's simply the best.
Shaving cream: I don't use cream.
Brush: Whipped Dog 24mm synthetic, it has backbone but not too much.
Safety razor: FaTip , it's very smooth and very close shaving.
Blades: Astra SP, smoothest blades anywhere.

Last edited:
Shaving Soap: don't use so I'd like to trade it for...
Pre-Shave: Crown Shaving Pre-Shave Glide
Shaving Cream: Crown Shaving Co
Shaving Brush: Wild Horse Jasper Elite Razors
Razor: Feather AS-D2
Blades: Feather

No face cleanser? No aftershave? No moisturizer? Man, this is going to suck.

Forget all that commercial stuff.

I'll use whatever they had on Gilligan's Island ... probably razors made from clam-shells or volcanic rocks, a brush made out of palm fronds, soaps and creams whipped up from mangos and bananas and coconuts.

They may have had no phones, no lights, no motor cars, not a single luxury ... but they were always impeccably well groomed.

Soap: my own recipe. If there's hard wood trees and animals with a high fat content that are easily killed, I can make make lye and tallow to make more soap.
Razor: Gillette gold 50's American Aristocrat.
Shaving Brush: no particular brand as long as it has a 22mm Finest banded badger knot.
Blades: Perma-Sharp

No face cleanser? No aftershave? No moisturizer? Man, this is going to suck.

Dude, you are on a deserted island in the middle of nowhere. Improvise. Go splash some cold salt water on your face or get Mary Ann to help ya. :laugh:

But still better then Mrs. Howle.

I'm curious how the men stayed clean shaven. What shave gear did they take with them for a 3-hour tour? OK ... Is the theme song going through your head right now? Sorry. Anyway ... I would let Mary Ann shave me with a dull coconut shell. :thumbup1:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom