What's new

Thanksgiving Day - Texas Football PIF

I have a 9 ounce bottle of the Family Dollar equivalent of Brut. I've used about half, and I'd be happy to give the other half away.

I could just see who is interested and pick a name at random, or I could make it interesting.

Let's make it interesting.

Here in the Lone Star State, it seems that there will be a Thanksgiving Day football game between Texas Tech and the University of Texas. Predict the winner! I will choose the recipient of the after shave from among the accurate predictions.

Rules: CONUS only, and this PIF closes at kick off (which is, I believe, at 6:30 pm CST). The winner will be announced - well, later. I'll be on the road a bit on Friday, so please be patient.

Do you have your prediction ready? Then GO!

They play football in Texas? How 'bout that!

As long as A&M loses on Saturday, that's all I really care about.

Tech for the win, but I'm not in!

There's only thirty-six hours till the UT-Texas Tech kickoff, and the closing of this PIF! Get those predictions in!

Well, americanarmsdealer and DaltonGang, you are the contenders. It's a good thing that you both picked Tech for the win. (For what it's worth, I have a niece who just got accepted at Tech. Any sympathies I had, as regards the game, were there.)

Let's do a coin toss. I have an ordinary quarter here. americanarmsdealer, you entered first, so you get heads. DaltonGang, you're tails.

The coin is up, and it's . . . HEADS!

Congratulations, americanarmsdealer! Send me a PM with your mailing info, and I'll get it going next week. DaltonGang, thanks for playing.

Happy Thanksgiving weekend!

I graduated from UT the same year as Earl Campbell. In those days, UT trounced Tech, and all the other Texas teams, handily. God bless the mighty, mighty Longhorns.

Top Bottom