What's new

Maggard Samples - great service

I also learned that the White and Green are for me. With probably the green being the favorite scent.

I wish Proraso had a citrus scent though.

I have not tried Maggard yet but have only heard great things. Good thing you only got samples! Give Stirling samples a try - they are very cheap and will supply you with quite a few shaves. Also have fantastic scents!

I'll concur with Maggard. Excellent service, in fact top notch service, very communicative, reasonable prices, and a great place to try things without buying a giant tub.

To date, I think I have ordered 45 cream/soap samples, and 11 aftershave samples, from Maggard. I love having the ability to just try things out, without committing to larger purchases. The only problem is that I can never actually settle down with one kind of product. I always want more samples! Lol.

I'll concur with Maggard. Excellent service, in fact top notch service, very communicative, reasonable prices, and a great place to try things without buying a giant tub.

Hear, hear, on all points. In particular, their communication and service are second to none. I have been struggling with a couple of after shave balms to add to my rotation (of which they did not offer samples). Brad not only gave me a list of after shave balms that met the parameters I was looking for, but he also had his wife smell a few of them to see how they compared to a specific shaving cream I was trying to match. Top notch. I'll be placing a couple of orders after the first of the month and will support them as often as possible.

I purchased one of their razors as well as several AS samples, fast delivery and quality all the way. The razor is top notch too!

Via Maggard I was able to sample Proraso Red and Blue

I learned immediately that the scents are not for me... nor for my family :)

Great service to try a small sample before committing to a large tube.

Check them out! http://www.maggardrazors.com/product-category/samples/shaving-cream-samples/

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if they will provide samples of every cream/soap that they offer for sale? How much did your sample cost? Perhaps the sample price varies depending on which cream it is. Also, I've been rather disappointed with some samples I've rec'd from other stores. Many times,the sample is not large enough to develop a useful lather with my brush. Was your samle big enough?
Thanks,

Thanks for the info. Do you happen to know if they will provide samples of every cream/soap that they offer for sale? How much did your sample cost? Perhaps the sample price varies depending on which cream it is. Also, I've been rather disappointed with some samples I've rec'd from other stores. Many times,the sample is not large enough to develop a useful lather with my brush. Was your samle big enough?
Thanks,
If you are worried about sample size, order samples from stirling. Huge.

Brad not only gave me a list of after shave balms that met the parameters I was looking for, but he also had his wife smell a few of them to see how they compared to a specific shaving cream I was trying to match. Top notch. I'll be placing a couple of orders after the first of the month and will support them as often as possible.

In a world of large, faceless corporations where communications is non-existence, this personal touch matters.

Do you happen to know if they will provide samples of every cream/soap that they offer for sale?

Of course not. That would be hundreds and someone has to repack them.

How much did your sample cost? Perhaps the sample price varies depending on which cream it is.

Depends upon unit cost. Cheap stuff like Proraso they about give away. Castle Forbes is much more.

Also, I've been rather disappointed with some samples I've rec'd from other stores. Many times,the sample is not large enough to develop a useful lather with my brush. Was your samle big enough?
Thanks,

Some claim 3 - 5 shaves per sample. I found 3 to be reasonable.

The sample size is big enough for five to six regular size loads. As far as cost, it varies depending on the cream - I suggest checking out their website.

I might also add that all "samples" are not created equal. Maggards uses a wide, flat container. Others use tall containers with a much smaller diameter. It makes a difference. You are paying for the container. The containers with a small diameter make it much it more difficult to scoop out product. You might think this doesn't matter but as you go through samples, you will appreciate the container design. Here is an example of TOBS Sandalwood. This sample container makes it relatively easy to scoop out a reasonable amount of product to use. This kind of attention to detail is important if ease of use is important to you.

proxy.php

Thanks for the info grim. Re: the question I had about their store providing samples of all their products,I phrased my question incorrectly.
I'll contact Maggards and see if they offer a sample of the cream I'm interested in. It sounds as if the size and shape of their cream sample containers is just what I'm looking for. Thanks again

Craig

Top Bottom