What's new

Price of Proraso creams in Italy?

Hi,
I am just curious. What does a tube of Proraso Red cream and a bottle of Proraso White dopobarba sell for in Italian supermarkets? In Sweden you pay 9 euros for a tube of Red and 16 euros for a White dopobarba, online prices to which you have to add postage. I see incredibly low prices on Amazon.it (2-3 euros and 4-5 euros respectively) but are they comparable to shop prices or are they online prices for products having passed their "best before date"?

Expressed in a different way, should I wait for my next trip to Italy to bring back a truckload of Proraso, or just accept that I have to pay Swedish prices?

proxy.php
proxy.php

Do you see a "best before" date on Proraso products?

For what it's worth, here in Germany, the Dambiro web shop (dambiro.de) sells the green tube (150ml) for €2.50 and the red for €3.70. The "Dopobarba" ASB is €4.90. I would think that they're even cheaper in Italian drugstores.

Do you see a "best before" date on Proraso products?

No date but the symbol for "use within 12 months" are on both the cream and the dopobarba. So I figured that some undefined issue of durability also apply to the unopened product.
proxy.php

Sheashaves quoted me and it's true: Proraso soaps & creams are less than 2 euros. The after shaves are about 4 euros. They can be purchased at Esselunga supermarkets or most supermarkets. For the price, they are a STEAL. Great performers.

Yes, you can find the green tub pretty everywhere under 2 Euro, green cream around 2 euro even at the smallest drugstore. Balms and aftershave are pretty much the same prices. Online italian retail stores sometimes even less, sometimes more.
In any case yes, they are here in Italy cheap. But so darn good indeed!
(we are lucky guys...)

Got a tube of Proraso Green at Esselunga in Milano this morning for 1 euro. Original price was 1.49 euro but I got 30% discount. Hard to beat.

Aftershave is between 3-4 euros. Preshave around 2.50-3 euros

Yes, you can find the green tub pretty everywhere under 2 Euro, green cream around 2 euro even at the smallest drugstore. Balms and aftershave are pretty much the same prices. Online italian retail stores sometimes even less, sometimes more.
In any case yes, they are here in Italy cheap. But so darn good indeed!
(we are lucky guys...)

Got a tube of Proraso Green at Esselunga in Milano this morning for 1 euro. Original price was 1.49 euro but I got 30% discount. Hard to beat.

Aftershave is between 3-4 euros. Preshave around 2.50-3 euros

Excellent! Gentlemen if you don't mind what else can be found in Milan? I'm specifically interested in Omega Silvertip brushes, Cella brick and Valobra hard soaps.

I recommend Teve store (Via Ugo Bassi 25), he carries a wide range of Omega brushes, Cella brick, the whole Valobra line and much more.

You can also check O-Lorenzi (Corso Magenta 2) and Preattoni (Via Manzoni), which are located in the center of Milan and carry lots of shaving gear (they both have Cella and Valobra). Check their listing online (just google their names)

Thank you very much [MENTION=82091]macintoshBR[/MENTION] , my brother might go to Milan sometime early next year. I now have a list of places to send him.:thumbup1:

I recommend Teve store (Via Ugo Bassi 25), he carries a wide range of Omega brushes, Cella brick, the whole Valobra line and much more.

You can also check O-Lorenzi (Corso Magenta 2) and Preattoni (Via Manzoni), which are located in the center of Milan and carry lots of shaving gear (they both have Cella and Valobra). Check their listing online (just google their names)

This ones!

I picked up a couple of tubes of the original green Proraso for €1.10, on sale at the retail chain Esselunga. A veritable bargain. From memory the aftershave is around €4.50 but I may be a bit off there.

Thank you very much @macintoshBR , my brother might go to Milan sometime early next year. I now have a list of places to send him.:thumbup1:

Ashwin, that is the same reason I am extra interested in this thread. My brother is planning on a trip to Italy in the next few months. :laugh:

Thank You gents for the tips. :thumbup1:

I think he will be traveling to Radicofani (SI). Does any one know any stores for soaps/AS in that region?

Ashwin, that is the same reason I am extra interested in this thread. My brother is planning on a trip to Italy in the next few months. :laugh:

Thank You gents for the tips. :thumbup1:

Excellent news Roopesh, great men think alike!:thumbup: I hope they find what we ask them for.

A tip I picked up and thought I'd share. Roopesh if you are planning on getting aftershave splashes, tell him to take a roll of bubble wrap and some Cellotape with him. This way he can buy the nice glass bottles instead of plastic, wrap them up and not worry about breakage.

Excellent news Roopesh, great men think alike!:thumbup: I hope they find what we ask them for.

A tip I picked up and thought I'd share. Roopesh if you are planning on getting aftershave splashes, tell him to take a roll of bubble wrap and some Cellotape with him. This way he can buy the nice glass bottles instead of plastic, wrap them up and not worry about breakage.

Ashwin, that is a very helpful tip. I would love to receive some a/s in glass bottles. Thanks!

[MENTION=82091]macintoshBR[/MENTION] and [MENTION=93813]Mostho[/MENTION] thank you for the great tips. My brother had a lovely trip and he was able to visit the Preattoni. Prices were a little high but he scored some great stuff.:001_smile

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom