What's new

Separate Challenge Submission and Voting threads?

Would you prefer a separate submission and voting thread?
I think it would be easier to keep track of votes and could be a sticky under the submission thread.
Your thoughts please:001_smile

I think a good way to do it, is whom ever is doing the thread for the month, just makes a new thread on voting day. Maybe some small versions of photo's beside names, and everyone votes in there?

Well there's one thought :tongue_sm

It seems like a great idea in theory, but the last time we did that, it led to confusion and multiple votes and photos being reposted.

What would work best is if a mod or the OP would make a new post in the original thread, with all images to compare. Thus would signify the end of submissions and start of voting. Splitting it into multiple threads is a bad idea.

If it's possible with the server's capabilities, have the voting tool with each photo as the choice instead of words. We've already seen the large versions so there is no need for another look.

I think a good way to do it, is whom ever is doing the thread for the month, just makes a new thread on voting day. Maybe some small versions of photo's beside names, and everyone votes in there?

Well there's one thought :tongue_sm

it's a royal PITA for the OP to do it. when I did the two threead I started both at the same time and put in one for comments and one for voting the only issue I saw was reminding contributors to post in both.

What about if the submission thread is locked on the cut off date then you can only post votes in the official voting thread?

it's a royal PITA for the OP to do it. when I did the two threead I started both at the same time and put in one for comments and one for voting the only issue I saw was reminding contributors to post in both.

I can see it being a huge pain given that these forums use some funky bbcode and everyone links their images differently. But what about a simple list of names and a link to their post with image, like so:

MarkM:
http://badgerandblade.com/vb/showth...sion-and-Voting-threads?p=7830903#post7830903

What Mark said or with the posting limitations and editing, it would have Warren copy and post the pics to a new thread for voting only, fairly easy in that sense as he can do those magical things

or just have the sense to post in each threead.. OP just needs to check every so often to remind those who do not get both. both need to be sticked together though

Agreed and like you did Mark with yours, the Voting thread would be just for voting and the other for banter, comments and what not

Both stickied together at the top should be pretty clear where to post pics and votes, could still close the submission thread on cut off day if that helps?
Any other thoughts?

I think that works decent enough. If their both 'stickies' and labeled clear, I would hope nobody would struggle!
Just give them 'idiot labels'? December Entries & December Votes

Top Bottom