What's new

Travel Razor Suggestions

Hello gents. I have been considering purchasing a travel razor for the holiday season and for other times when I'm on the road. I have seen the Merkur travel razor, but not for sale. Any suggestions on a good travel razor and where to buy them?

To me any three piece DE could be a good travel Razor. I was tempted to buy the Merkur Travel, excellent indeed.
But with my Muhle on the go I changed my mind.

YMMV

I have to say - I took a little Merkur 45 Bakelite with me to Europe for a month and it was fantastic. Light, easy to use, not too mild and not too aggressive and super low maintenance. It also works with a wide variety of blades to deliver a quick efficient shave.

In fact that little razor is now one of my all time favourite razors !!

The only thing I will say is watch the thread. It is a brass screw direct into the Bakelite so don't torque it too much or you could stuff the thread.

In my estimation, every collection should include one of these on active rotation - superb little jigger!

Well I always travel with a Feather popular...it is quite light, cheap to replace and works really well. It is quite mild but pairs great with Feather blades. Handle is plastic but has a good grip.It is also a TTO razor. I would seriously look at the Lord L5 as well. That is even cheaper and has a Gillette Tech style head. It is a three piece razor and a wonderful little shaver.

Good luck!

The steel handled Gillette Black Tip. compact and easy to use, works well with any blade selection and it's ugly enough that the hotel staff or anyone else for that matter would not think about stealing it. Lastly, gives a damn nice shave!

I just take one of my Fatboys in a plastic soap container. I don't travel by air, so I don't have to worry about loss.

The Merkur 45 Bakelite helps out in the airports because it doesn't stand out when the bag goes thru the metal detector. Everytime I bring a metal one my bag gets searched.

Which ever modern razor works for you, as in case of accident/loss they are easy to replace.

The Razorock Jaws OC is my travel razor, and I am very happy with the shave and feel of it. It is my only modern razor.

Top Bottom