What's new

Worth the trip

Just got back from vacation. We spent about a week and a half around St. Paul. Now I grew up around there so there are alot of memories from there. We put about 3700 miles on the car during this time away. We basically ate our way through our vacation.

Here are the highlights:
Ate my weight in TAMALES from a place in West St. Paul.
There is an incredible Pho place on Nicollet Ave in Minneapolis.
Cheese cake off of Grand Ave in St. Paul with a Cappuccino.
And about dozen White Castle burgers.

So what are your vacation foods?
What are those things you only get only get when you are away?
What foods are worth the trip?

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
At 47 my stomach can't handle more than 3. Since I won't be getting more within the next year or so, I pushed myself beyond the limit.
I hear you. I remember when I could eat a whole medium pizza myself, now I have trouble with 3 slices. Yet, I now weigh more.

I hear you. I remember when I could eat a whole medium pizza myself, now I have trouble with 3 slices. Yet, I now weigh more.
Same with me except it was a large pizza and a six pack of Dr. Pepper a day. And seeing your handle makes me miss Angelos BBQ.

Plan on eating our way through Christmas in Louisiana at my wife's brothers place. 1st vacation in 5 years, and there is a little hole in the wall in Monroe, that is calling our name

Just west of the stock yards. Don't remember exact address. Then there's some of the best pizza I've ever had in Dallas at Campisi's.

DoctorShavegood

"A Boy Named Sue"
I remember traveling in Tennessee back in 92. My wife and I rented a car and traveled around the state. We ate at our first Cracker Barrel. Back then we did not have any in Texas. We thought it was great.

When traveling through Sioux City, IA we often stop at a neighborhood bar there called Miles Inn. They serve huge frosted schooners of draft beer and serve these super peppery little loose meat sandwiches they call a Charlie Boy. A schooner a 2-3 sandwiches (with cheese onion & pickle) usually put me right.

Top Bottom