cmh737
sandstone
Mostho

2015-11-24

Ikea bowl ¤ Vie-Long 2-band anniversary LE ¤ 5/8" C.V. Heljestrand
Mondial Bergamotto Neroli ¤ Proraso ASB ¤ Ferrari Racing Red EDT

Have a nice evening, Gentlemen :001_smile

proxy.php

Thank You My Friend, the craziest part is that He was on the Commissioning Crew and ended up making First Class Petty Officer onboard "Connie" and I was on the Decommissioning crew and Also made First Class Petty Officer onboard the Same ship. There is a LOT of Family History on that ship and it was absolutely my Favorite duty station EVER.

quite a story!
who knows, one day it might be repurposed as a huge hotel or restaurant and your grandson or granddaughter might be a chef, or owner!!

Semogue 620 Boar bristle
Seifenglatt Tarte à la Citrouille (Pumpkin Pie)
Filarmonica 8/8 JMP signature
Thayers cucumber witch hazel

$JMP.jpg

cool, so how was it?
also, scent-wise vs other 'chypers'?
I'm ignorant to fragrances. I've been wet shaving for decades and my soap was Williams or Colgate. Only in the past 8 years or so have I branched out into the artisinal aspect of wet shaving. As a result, I couldn't tell you how it compares to other chypres because this is the only chypre with which I have experience. That said, here's my micro review I posted elsewhere:

Le Grand Chypre is absolutely incredible. The scent surpasses Hallows as my favorite B&M. It reminds me of a high-end gift shop in town. It starts as a complex citrus and sharp woody scent and unfolds with some leather notes (I'm guessing that's labdanum) and musk. It really is far too complex for me to convey. I'll just say it's elegant.
As to the performance, I honestly didn't expect much improvement beyond B&M's other soaps because they're already outstanding. If I understand it correctly, this is a new formulation. It may just be my imagination, but it seems a little more thirsty than the other B&Ms and resulted in more cushion. The slickness seems about the same. The post-shave, however, was at a new level. This soap surpassed MdC in my opinion.

Thank You Celestino, Dave and WiteQ! Luckily, snow has disappeared!
If my conversion is right, were about 20 - 23 degrees in Merican temp. About -5 or -6C! I'll take the 80s!

quite a story!
who knows, one day it might be repurposed as a huge hotel or restaurant and your grandson or granddaughter might be a chef, or owner!!

That would be awesome, alas she is currently in Brownsville TX awaiting dismantling as scrap. Another piece of interesting history is that we Decommissioned Her on my Anniversary in 2003. I am so emotionally attached to that ship in so many ways it isn't even funny. At the time she was "America's Flagship" and No Other ship Ever was authorized to Boast the Red White and Blue Hull Numbers, even our Pier was painted Red White and Blue.

Wednesday Planned SOTD

$P1080482.jpg

Razor: Noonan & Son Domino 5/8 Half Hollow
Brush: IBLE 2012 Boar
Bowl: Symmetrical Pottery
Pre Shave Scrub: RazoRock GLO
Pre Shave Balm: TSD Iced SubZero
Shave Cream: Prairie Creations DdC Alpine Snowdrift
Aftershave: B&M Arctique\Chiseled Face Cryogen
​
After Monday's face Freezing using TSD Subzer Pre-shave, Cryogen shave soap and Cryogen Aftershave, I needed to do a side by side comparison of Cryogen AS on one side, B&M Arctique on the other side. To try and make it as impartial as possible replaced the Cryogen shave soap with PC Alpine Snowdrift which has a nice menthol kick and wonderful aroma and we will see which one of the two comes out on top.​

$SOTD 112415.jpg

SOTD 11.24.15

PannaCrema Vetiver | TGN 24mm Finest | ATT R2 Atlas | Polsilver Super iridium (6)
Fine Fresh Vetiver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom