What's new

Gibson safety razor?

Was just curious if anyone's ever heard or tried one of these? I was looking something up and I saw a little add on these, the original price on them was $49 but they were on sale for $13 with a coupon, hey $13? So I just grabbed it.. I got it the other day but I haven't used it because the wife is making it a Xmas gift :( but I snuck in a quick look, I unscrewed it no. Inside of the two part head idk, but I must say the freaking weight of this thing is omg heavy! Its got a real nice feel to it, but I was just wondering if anyone's ever heard or tried them?
JR

http://gibsonshaving.com

http://www.amazon.com/Expires-Repla...w_p_img_1?ie=UTF8&refRID=0F7S0DS1NVKQRV15EZWF

Is it me or are they using the same font Gibson Guitars uses?
It doesn't look like Gibson from the guitars although it did cross my mind and I had to look again at the Gibson guitar logo.
$Amazon2-2.jpg
$Headstock-1024x768.jpg

Last edited:
Looks more like the banjo and older Gibson scrawl

$Gibson_Earl_Scruggs_hs_opt.jpg

Anyhow, never heard of them, which is odd with the number of folks always covering new razors on here. Wonder if it was a k/s gone dud?

A little browsing - on the razor site the contact us is blank, the about us is a company called Explore Outfitters. On their Facebook page all they talk about is a nylon hammock they make, no reference to razors, or any other product.

At $13, it may be a bargain, but it's $24.95 now. I looked at the reviews and they seemed more than a little suspect: the oldest is from 11/13 and many seem to have the same basic themes. 29 reviews: 27- 5 star ratings, even a reviewer mentioning uneven blade gap gave it 3 stars.

At $13, it may be a bargain, but it's $24.95 now. I looked at the reviews and they seemed more than a little suspect: the oldest is from 11/13 and many seem to have the same basic themes. 29 reviews: 27- 5 star ratings, even a reviewer mentioning uneven blade gap gave it 3 stars.
I thought the reviews looked funny myself, but that was after the wife bought it. That and the other thing Gibson was selling is shoes? Anyway, This is the coupon that I found, JR
http://gibsonshaving.com/instant/

I bought it the other day and paid 14.95 for it. It came with the razor a leather case and can Treet blades. My advertisement said that it would come with ten feather blades but that was not the case.
I'll say this much about the razor. The handle is excellent it's long and has a very smooth touch to it yet is never slippery. The head seems to be made of good quality as well. What should be very well noted here is this might be the most aggressive razor you might ever use. I did get a very fine shave from it, but I was very careful and very slow during the entire shave. You must be very careful with this raise it but it can reward you with a decent shave.
What should be mentioned here is that all the reviews on Amazon are absolute nonsense. I found that they knew nothing about wet shaving and they were all reviews to hype the sale of the razor. I did send an email back to the owner of the company who was looking for input. In my opinion he had absolutely no knowledge of what wet shaving was all about. He seems to of gotten this product from wherever he got it in Pakistan and is trying to sell it for whatever he can. For me, it was worth the 14.95 that I spent. The leather case is decent but not the finest quality. The Treet blades are decent but nothing to write home about as most of you would agree with me. Let me finish by saying that if you do buy this razor I hope you have experience in wet shaving because if you don't you might really chop yourself up. If you're good with your technique you might get yourself a very fine shave.

Top Bottom