What's new

All things paracord

Anyone else a fan of all things paracord? Maybe we can share some paracord projects photos and ideas here. This summer I made a mini hammock chair with paracord and camo fabric. Turned out really good!

I try to keep some handy by wrapping some around my bag handle and keeping some in my car emergency kit.

I'm also really happy with how my paracord key fob holds an emergency rolled up plastic 20 bill.

This design just caught my eye for how it holds a mini survival kit.
http://www.paracordguild.com/how-make-paracord-grenade/

What are your favorite things to use paracord for?

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Just got some cool zipper pulls. Only a foot or so of cord, but hey.

going to start making; just got a kit. Marine SS hardware would fly- anchor hardware. P38s, hacksaw bits, etc.

AA

Made this little 4" pouch today. Inside is a Trader Joes chocolate nibs tin. I figure I might use it as a mini survival kit or something like that.

proxy.php

proxy.php

My first (and only, at this point) project was a keychain fob that looks kind of like a hand grenade. I'd like to start making more things (more for fun than actual survival pieces), I've got to get a handle on my current hobbies.

"Paracord. It's knitting for preppers." - Me

Ad Astra

The Instigator
Great. I just dropped $$ on a bracelet from Amazon that has a firestarter AND a knife.

Like I needed that. (Well. I did. Xmas gift for neighbor. I didn't need TWO of them ... ).

AA

I was playing around with making a keychain voodoo / worry doll this week. Here's what I came up with so far. It's about 3.5 inches tall and stores about 6 feet of paracord.

proxy.php

Is there something stuffed in the head knot?
The first one I made I stuffed a bit of paper into the monkey fist knot. I'll be replacing it with a marble like I used on my second one. It turned out better.

I've got to have one of these ... Dimeotane; are there plans, or was this freelance?
AA

No plans, just sort of played around until I got a result I liked. I used about 6 feet of 550 paracord. Started with a 3 turn monkey fist knot. Here's a tutorial for that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31zkBObg-3g

Last edited:
Top Bottom